Late - D.S

////

I turned my phone on to check the time again and a sigh escaped my lips as I read it. 8:35. Daniel was supposed to be here half an hour ago but he wasn't. I was sitting at a table by myself alone and slightly embarrassed with no show of Daniel. I'd texted him a few times and even called him but no answer. A waiter came to my table and asked me if I wanted to order. "No thank you. I'm still waiting for my boyfriend" I said, trying my best to sound positive. She looked at me and smiled sympathetically before walking off.

9:03. He was an hour late. If he hasn't come by now, he's not going to come at all. I'm not wasting another hour of my life waiting for him. I got up and left the table, walking to the front desk of the restaurant. "Thank you so much for being so nice. Unfortunately my boyfriend hasn't showed up yet so I'm gonna go home" I said to the lady at the front desk. "That's not a problem. I'm sorry about your boyfriend" she smiled, I returned the smile and walked out of the restaurant into the pouring rain. Great.

I squinted, trying to look through the rain to see my car. I finally saw it and started walking to it. Just as I reached for the door handle, I heard my name being called. "Y/n" someone yelled, desperately trying to get my attention. I looked around and Daniel came into view. His clothes were soaking wet but he was wearing ripped jeans and a top not the tux I saw him buy for this date. "Y/n, I'm so glad your here" he said through breaths. I went to get into my car again but Daniel grabbed my arm. "Please let me explain" he pleaded, looking into my eyes. "Make it quick seavey" I said and looked at him.

"I'm sorry I was late. I got held up at the studio and completely forgot so Zach had to remind me and then I drove here as fast as I could. I'm so sorry" he said, grabbing my hand. "Y-you forgot?" I asked, looking into Daniels eyes. He struggled to find words to say and just nodded, looking at the ground. "How could you forget this!? It's our two year anniversary and I've been planning this for weeks!" I yelled, taking my hand out of his. Daniel looked at me without saying a word. "If there even is a next time and you forget again, tell me before you leave me waiting in a beautiful restaurant by myself for an hour" I said, trying to hide the ball in my throat. I got into my car and started it as Daniel took a few steps back, looking at me sadly. I ignored him and drove out of the parking lot.

Days passed and Daniel hasn't bothered to call me or text me or even answer my calls or texts. I'd had enough. I grabbed my phone and my car keys, walked out the front door and got into my car. I drove to the boys house and got out of the car. I walked up to the front door and knocked on it waiting for someone to open it. After a few seconds it opened to Corbyn. Without saying anything Corbyn pulled me into a hug. He pulled away and looked at me. "Daniels been so worried about you" Corbyn said, letting me inside. "Really? Then why hasn't he answered any of my texts or calls?" I said and Corbyn shrugged. "Where's Daniel?" I asked, looking at Corbyn. "Probably up in his room" he answered sitting down on the couch. I thanked Corbyn and went up to Daniels room.

I opened the door to a surprising sight. A girl was sitting on Daniels bed with his hoodie and the shower was running. He was cheating on me?

The girl looked at me with a smile. "Hi, who are you?" She asked. She seemed like a nice girl and probably didn't have a clue who I was. "Hey, I'm y/n. Daniels girlfriend" I said trying not to sound rude. As if on queue, Daniel walked out of the bathroom shirtless, with a towel around his waist. "Hey babe?" Daniel said not realising I was standing the doorway. "Daniel, who's this?" The girl on the bed asked, pointing at me. Daniel looked at me and his face dropped.

"You seem like a really nice person but I don't think Daniel here had said that he had another girlfriend did he?" I asked the girl sitting on the bed. She shook her head and looked at Daniel, furious. "Wow" was all she said as Daniel panicked to find something to say. "I'm so sorry. To both of you" Daniel said. The girl got out of bed and walked over to me giving me a hug. "I'm so sorry. I had no idea" she said as she pulled away. "Neither did I. I'm y/n" I said as the girl smiled. "Lana" she said.

I looked back at Daniel who had his head in his hands. "Lana, why don't you get dressed so Daniel can take us out to a nice dinner and explain everything" I said, glaring at Daniel. "That sounds like a lovely idea. May as well pack my bags as well" she smiled and put all her clothes into a duffle bag on the floor and grabbed out some clothes to change into. She went into the bathroom and got changed as Daniel got changed in the bedroom. "Let's go. I want to hear this" Lana smiled and looped her arm through mine, carrying her bag in her other hand. We walked downstairs and out to Daniels car waiting for him. He finally came out and got in the car, starting the engine as Lana and I sat in the back talking.

Not only did I gain a best friend but we both dropped a toxic dick.

Oooo shit yes girl. This would've been better to post on international women's day whoops.

Idk what this is. I'm sorry you read that

Mia ✨