Empty - J.M pt 5

////

The 13th of August, 2018 at 8:19 pm

That's when our little girl was born.

Taylor Grace Marais.

It had been the most exhausting but amazing time of mine and Jonah's lives. I was back in my hospital room and a nurse walked in with my little girl in her arms. "She's perfectly healthy. Congratulations" the nurse smiled at me as she put Taylor in my arms. A few tears ran down my cheeks as I looked down at her. She had Jonah's lips, my nose, and beautiful olive skin. She hadn't opened her eyes yet so we didn't know what colour eyes she had unfortunately, but I was more then willing to wait.

Jonah walked into the room closely followed by the 4 boys. Jonah sat at the end of my bed as the other 4 sat on the seats around the room. Daniel and Corbyn pulled out their phones and took a few photos of us. Jonah hadn't got to hold Taylor yet so I quietly called him over.

"Jonah" I whisper-yelled and he walked over to me. He walked over hesitantly probably not wanting to wake up his little girl. "Someone please record this" I said and looked between the boys as they all started recording.

"Jonah actually come and stand next to me" I said with a light laugh. He stood next to me and looked down at Taylor in complete awe. "Take her. I've held her already but you haven't" I smiled up at him as a huge smile spread across his face. Jonah carefully took her out of my arms with the biggest smile on his face. He sat down next to me on the bed and just looked at her.

I wiped a few tears from his face and he turned his head and kissed me passionately. He pulled away and looked down at Taylor again. Jonah got off the bed and sat down on a chair. I told the boys it was ok to stop recording so they put their phones away again.

"Jack, can you get me my phone?" I asked and he jumped up to get it and handed it to me. I opened it and took hundreds of photos of Jonah and Taylor. Not actually hundreds but you get what I mean. Someone finally spoke up after the room fell silent for a bit. "Can I hold her?" Zach asked, not taking his eyes off her.

"Of course. Jonah can you give her to Zach?" I asked and Jonah nodded yes. He stood up and put taylor in Zachs arms. "Be careful ok? If she stirs then don't move and-" Jonah started but was cut off by me. "Babe, I'm pretty sure Zach has held a baby before. Just sit back down and stop worrying" I said and Jonah sat back down.

All the boys got to hold her and they all got photos because they refused to let her go without one. Daniel had been holding her for a while and I could see he was getting tired. "Daniel if you want you can give her back to me" I said and a sigh of relief left Daniels mouth. He stood up and gave her back to me. "She's really heavy" Daniel said as he sat back down.

"She's actually not. It depends how you hold her and if your supporting your arms" I said and Daniel just smiled because he knew I was just being a smartass.

After 2 days of being stuck in a hospital we were back home and Jonah was walking around, showing Taylor the house as if she could see or understand him. I giggled and put all our stuff back in our room. We had the biggest room in the house so we decided to make half of it a room for Taylor and the other half for us. It was easier this way anyway.

I was laying on our bed, going over what had happened over the past 3 days when Jonah walked into the room with Taylor. "Baby, it's been three days and she hasn't cried yet. Not even when she was born" Jonah said with a worried tone and sat down on the bed next to me. "The doctors said it was normal and nothings wrong ok? We went over this yesterday, babe you gotta stop worrying" I said with a slight smile. It'd only been 3 days and I could already see what type of dad Jonah was going to be.

"What're you smiling at?" Jonah asked as I laughed a bit thinking of how I was going to tell him. "I can already see what type of dad you're going to be. You don't let her out of your sight already so what's gonna happen when's she older? What's gonna happen when she gets friends and goes to school? Oh god, what's gonna happen when she gets a boyfriend?" I said sarcastically as Jonah's rolled his eyes.

"Come on, I'm not that bad. And if she looks anything like you, I'm not letting her out of the house until she's thirty" he smiled as I blushed. I took Taylor from Jonah's arms and put her down in her cradle (idk what Americans call them, I'm trying ok)

I turned around to see jonah smiling down at his phone. "Whatcha lookin' at?" I asked and sat down next to him. "Photos and videos from the day T was born" Jonah said, the smile never leaving his face. "You have a nickname for her already?" I smiled at him as he looked up from his phone. "Y/n I've had nicknames for her since the day we found out you were pregnant. Angel, princess, baby girl, sweetheart-" he could go on for hours if I didn't cut him off. "Ok, I get it" I laughed as Jonah pecked my lips.

We went through all the photos until we found a few we really liked. Corbyn had taken them. The first was a photo of Jonah kissing Taylor's head and I was smiling at Jonah. In the second one I was holding Taylor and me and Jonah were smiling at her. The third one was definitely my favourite though. I was sitting in the hospital bed, holding Taylor and kissing Jonah.

It was my favourite because of the story behind it. Jonah and I were arguing over who she looked like more and I was rambling on about how she looked more like me and then Jonah kissed me to make me shut up and Corbyn managed to take the photo at the right time.

I posted it on my Instagram and twitter account with the caption; "on the 13th of August 2018, I gave birth to a beautiful and healthy little girl. I've experienced a lot of emotions over the past 9 months, some good, some bad but it was all worth it in the end. Welcome to the world Taylor Grace. Me and your dad are so happy and thankful.
I love you more then you'll ever know"

Jonah posted the photo of us both smiling at her on twitter and Instagram with the caption; "On the 13th of August 2018 my beautiful fiancé gave birth to a little bundle of joy. The last 9 months have been one hell of a ride but it was all worth it for this. Welcome to the world Taylor Grace, you and your mom are both so beautiful and I'm so blessed. I'll love you forever"

The boys all posted photos of us as well congratulating us and saying how they're gonna be great uncles and all that stuff.

Jonah and I were laying in bed when Jonah turned over and pulled me closer to him

"I still can't believe I'm a dad. Thank you for bringing our little girl into the world. I love you so much" Jonah said and kissed me.

"I love you more"

After 5 parts this lil series has come to an end. I'd happily do a 6th part if you want me to. Anyways was it good?

It took me about 30 minutes to think of a name for her and I still don't know if I like it but oh well I'm not changing it again.

ALSO I was thinking of a "get to know the author" thingy because if u were here from the start u know the first one I did was horrible (I deleted it so don't bother trying to find it 😂) anyway just comment if u want it :)

Mia ✨