I'm sorry - C.B

////

"Corbyn!" I yelled, jumping into his arms. "Hey" he replied, hugging me back. I pulled away and stepped back inside, letting him in. "If I'd known you were coming over, I would've gotten out some snacks" I smiled, sitting down on the couch. Corbyn smiled a little before sitting down next to me. He was being a lot quieter than he normally was and it was starting to worry me. "Hey is everything ok?" I asked Corbyn, looking at him. "Huh? Oh - um. Yeah. Everything's good" Corbyn said, smiling at me when he finished his sentence. I nodded and turned on the tv, putting on some random show.

"I'm gonna go get some snacks. You what anything?" I asked Corbyn as I got off the couch. "I'm not really hungry. Thanks though" he responded. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a packet of chips and a glass of water before heading back to the couch.

Just as I was about to turn the corner I heard Corbyn talking. "Just tell her Corbyn! It isn't that hard. Just break it to her gently" I heard him say.

Break what to me?

I waited a few more seconds before turning the corner and walking over to the couch. As I sat down Corbyn looked at me and quickly smiled before turning away again. I ignored it and opened the pack of chips, putting some in my mouth while watching the show displayed on the tv.

I kept thinking about what Corbyn had said before and what it meant. Before I knew it, my curiosity got the best of me and I turned to Corbyn. He looked at me confused as I studied his face, looking for an answer to the burning question I had.

"Do you need to tell me something?" I asked Corbyn, looking into his eyes. "No. Why?" Corbyn said, obviously lying. He was a horrible liar. "No there's something wrong. I've known you my entire life. You're my best friend, I know when you're lying. If there's something you need to tell me, then tell me. We're best friends and I'll always be there for you and you'll always be there for me" I said, still looking at Corbyn.

His eyes dropped and looked at the floor for a few seconds before meeting mine again. "That's the problem" Corbyn said, only just loud enough for me to hear. "What's the problem? Cut the shit and just tell me Corbyn" I said, starting to get annoyed now. "I'm moving y/n" He said sadly, looking away again. "Wh - what? You're moving? When?" I asked, shocked. "I leave tomorrow" Corbyn said, quietly.

My stomach dropped and I looked at my best friend, confused and shocked but more heartbroken then anything. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I said, holding back tears. "I was waiting for the right time," Corbyn took his eyes off the ground and looking at me. "Y/n I've found four boys who have the same dream as me. We're all moving to L.A tomorrow to start a band called Why Don't We. It's going to be amazing but I cant take you with me" Corbyn said, looking at me. A tear slipped down my cheek as Corbyn continued talking. "You know how much singing means to me y/n. I've finally found somewhere I fit in and I couldn't pass this opportunity. I'm sorry" Corbyn said, moving closer to me, holding my hands. "Don't be sorry for chasing your dream Corbyn. I'm happy for you, I really am. I'm just sorry you felt like you didn't fit in with me. Good luck with the band and I really hope you have a great life" I said, wiping a few tears.

I kissed Corbyns cheek and he looked at me confused as I got off the couch. "I'm sorry" I said as I backed away from the couch before running to my room, closing and locking the door behind me as I collapsed on my bed, sobbing.

After a few minutes, I heard my front door open and close. I let out a shaky breath before more tears spilled out. I cried myself to sleep with the words Corbyn said on my mind.

"I've finally found somewhere I fit in"

I thought you fit in with me. We were all the other needed but apparently not.

Ok I may have made it a little over dramatic but how would you feel if your childhood best friend told you they were moving across the country, a day before they left?

I HAVENT POSTED IN LIKE FOREVER IM SORRY

Mia ✨