Not ready - J.M

Reading this back, idk what the fuck I was thinking. If you decide to read this, I'm sorry it's so shit

////

I opened my eyes and waited for them to adjust to the sunlight filled room. I turned around to meet eyes with Jonah. He smiled at me softly but I could see the sadness in his eyes. "I'm not ready" he said, just above a whisper. "Jonah, we knew this day would come and there would be nothing we can do, no matter how much you try to bribe her into staying another year" I said as Jonah laughed a little.

Our 19 year old daughter was moving out today and Jonah wasn't handling it very well. Not well at all. He has tried to bribe her with things to make her stay an extra year countless times but it never worked, even though we knew it wouldn't. "Kylie is probably awake already and downstairs so get up and let's go have breakfast" I said, throwing the covers off me and getting out of bed. I looked back at Jonah who was staring at the ceiling. "If I don't go downstairs do you think she will at least stay until I get out of bed? Because if she will I'm staying in here for the next three years" Jonah said, glancing at me. "No, she'll leave you here without saying goodbye" I shrugged as Jonah groaned and got out of bed.

We walked downstairs and into the kitchen to see Kylie making breakfast. "Good morning" she smiled, flipping a pancake. "Good morning" I responded and kissed her head. Jonah didn't say anything and sat at the bench, watching us. "Oh come on dad. It's not like I'll be gone forever" Kylie said, putting the pancakes on plates. "Fine. Morning" he said blankly as Kylie slightly smiled. I glared at Jonah as he rolled his eyes and took a sip of his coffee.

Kylie handed us our plates full of food as we all sat down at the table and talked. I tried to avoid the topic of Kylie leaving in hope Jonah would be in a better mood by the end of breakfast but it didn't work. No one mentioned Kylie leaving but Jonah was still in a bad mood and after he finished breakfast he walked back to our room without a word.

"Ignore him. He's in a bad mood," I said, taking a bite of the pancake. "Have you got everything ready?" "Yep. Just my suitcase I've been living out of for the last five days. Now I know how dad felt when he was touring" Kylie said.

Before I was ready, it was lunch and Kylie had all of her stuff packed in her car that Jonah bought for her in the process of trying to get her to stay. Jonah was in a better mood after he realised being in a bad mood wasn't helping anything and helped Kylie pack the rest of her stuff.

As all we walked out to the front to say bye to Kylie the mood between the 3 of us was weird, none of us really wanting to say goodbye. Kylie checked she had everything in her car before walking up to us with a sad smile. "Well..." she said, no one knowing what to say. "You know, you don't have to go. You could-" I cut Jonah off, hitting his arm. Kylie laughed and wiped a tear. I grabbed her arm and pulled her into a hug, both of us crying now. I pulled away and wiped away a few tears. She hugged Jonah, neither of them letting go for a while. When Kylie finally pulled away she was crying more and so was Jonah even though he would deny it if I told anyone.

"I love you and I'll miss you, even though the house will finally be quiet" I smiled. "I love you too mom" Kylie smiled with glossy eyes. "Good luck Ky. I love you" Jonah said, hugging Kylie one last time and pulling me in, making it a group hug. "I love you too" Kylie said into the hug. I pulled away and Kylie looked between us with a smile. "Are you sure you guys will be ok without me?" She asked. "We were married and lonely for two years before we had you, I'm sure we'll be fine" I laughed as Kylie smiled. "Be safe ok? Call us if anything happens" Jonah said and Kylie nodded.

She hugged both of us one last time before turning on her heel and walking to her car, opening the door and getting in, starting the engine. Jonah pulled me in for a hug as we watched her back out of the driveway and onto the street. She waved out of the window as we waved back, watching her disappear from view.

I opened my eyes, sitting up in bed, confused. I looked at Jonah sleeping next to me and poked his arm, trying to wake him up. "Jonah!" I whisper-yelled, shaking his arm. He groaned and said something I couldn't hear. "Jonah wake up! I need to ask you something!" I whisper-yelled again. "What?" Jonah finally responded looking at me. "Do we have a nineteen year old daughter?" I asked, actually confused if the dream was real or not. "What? Y/n for us to have a nineteen year old daughter, you would have been pregnant when you were one. You are nineteen" Jonah said, looking at me very confused. "Oh. Oh ok. I was just checking" I said, laying back down. "Why?" Jonah asked, looking at me. "Well, I had a dream that we had a nineteen year old daughter called Kylie that was moving out. I couldn't remember if it was real or not" I said, looking back at Jonah who smiled. "Kylie is a cute name" Jonah shrugged. "I'm not having this conversation. Goodnight" I said, turning my back to Jonah.

"Aw y/n come on. I just said it was a cute name" Jonah said, putting his hand on mine. I turned back around and looked at him. "First it's "Oh that's a cute name" and then nine months later a baby pops out and you know what you're gonna want to call it? Kylie" I said. Jonah tried to keep a straight face but couldn't and burst into a fit of giggles. "Jonah you're gonna wake everyone up" I smiled, covering his mouth. Seconds later, Daniel started banging on the wall. "Shut up! I'm trying to sleep!" Daniel yelled. "Sorry!" I yelled back as Jonah smiled. "I'm going back to sleep. Goodnight" I said, closing my eyes.

I felt Jonah move closer to me and kiss my neck. "Jonah" I said, opening my eyes to look at him. "What?" He asked, looking at me. "Stop" I replied as Jonah smiled. "I'm not doing anything" Jonah smirked, kissing my neck again.

"Kiss me again and you'll be sleeping in Daniels room or I'll duct tape your lips together. Sleep"

"But-"

"No. Sleep"

Idk what this is, don't ask. Also the dream is so detailed because that was gonna be the imagine but I didn't like it so I changed it to a dream :)

Mia ✨