Stood up - J.M

////

I sighed and took another sip from my 3rd glass of wine for that night. The waitress walked over to me again with a sympathetic look on her face. "Would you like to order yet?" She asked. "Can I have a few more minutes? He's gonna show up" I said and smiled up at her, she nodded her head and walked away.

2 hours of my life lost to some dick who I had hoped wouldn't be dick but look where that led me, sitting at a table alone in a nice restaurant with couples and families all happily talking. I got all dressed up and hopeful for nothing.

I lied my head on the table when I heard someone sit in the chair across from me. I brung my head back up to meet eyes with the most beautiful human I've ever seen.

"Why would a gorgeous girl like yourself be sitting alone in a nice restaurant drinking some cheap ass wine?" He asked with a slight smile on his face. I smiled at him before answering. "I got stood up. I've been here for the last two hours watching people walk in and out of the door, hoping one of them would be the dick I thought was a dick but wanted to take a chance with to walk through the door and surprise surprise. He hasn't. And yeah, this is honestly the worst wine I've ever had" I answered, laughing to myself for being such an idiot.

"Is he from L.A?" The guy sitting across from me asked and I nodded yes, slightly confused. "Yep, I'm not surprised then. All the guys are in L.A are dicks" he said and took a drink from the glass of water sitting in front of him. "You're from L.A and your not a dick though - I don't think so anyway" I said and looked at him. "I live in L.A, I'm not from L.A. I'm from Minnesota and my names Jonah and I'd like to take your dates place because you seem like an amazing girl" Jonah smiled at me as I blushed. "I'm y/n and of course you can" I smiled, I could feel my cheeks getting redder every second.

We talked until the waitress came back. She saw Jonah sitting across from me and smiled. "Would you like to order now?" The waitress asked, looking between us. We both ordered and talked until our dinner came. "So y/n, What're you doing in L.A?" Jonah asked, looking up at me. "I'm a photographer, I came here for more opportunities" I answered. "You should do a photo shoot of me and the rest of my band. It's hard to try and keep us in one spot for any longer then two minutes but I have faith in you" Jonah laughed. "Ooooo you're in a band. What's the name?" I asked, taking a drink from my glass. "Why don't we. We've been a band for a year and a half" Jonah answered.

We continued to talk for what felt like hours and then finally got up to leave. Jonah pulled out his wallet but I stopped him. "It's ok, I've got it" i said and Jonah's face dropped. "Nope. I'm paying. You can't stop me" Jonah said. I tried to hand the guy at the counter my card but Jonah pulled me into a hug, stopping me from going anywhere and gave the guy his card before I could do anything. "Oh come on, this isn't fair" I whined and Jonah just laughed. The guy handed the card back to Jonah and Jonah held my hand and we walked out of the restaurant.

"Why isn't it fair?" Jonah asked me, smiling. "You're taller then me" I pouted as Jonah walked me somewhere. "Yeah but you're so tiny, it's adorable" he smiled down at me and I pretended to be annoyed. Jonah just laughed and put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him as we walked. I forgot that i took an Uber here and didn't bring my car but Jonah must've remembered when I told him because he pulled out car keys and unlocked his car. Jonah opened my door for me and then came around and got into the drivers seat.

We sang along to whatever was on the radio and Jonah pulled into my driveway and walked me up to my door. "Tonight was really fun" he smiled at me as I smiled as well. "Yes it was, we should do it again" I said and Jonah smiled from ear to ear and handed me a piece of paper with his number on it. "Thank you for making tonight one of the most fun nights of my life" I said. "Well thank you for having hope in someone who didn't deserve you because that led me to you and thank you for letting me sit with you in the first place" Jonah smiled. "I'll text you in the morning" I said and Jonah nodded. I stood up on my toes and kissed his cheek. "Goodnight" I said as Jonah stood there smiling like an idiot. "Goodnight" He said, sounding like he was in a daze.

I turned on my heel and walked into my house, closing the door behind me. I happily sighed and walked into my room, flopping onto the bed.

Sometimes dick heads who stand you up can lead you to someone amazing. This was one of those times.

I had no idea how to end this lmao sorry for the stupid ending.

I'm so fucking tired but I only have 2 more days of school until our break so I can't wait for that. I'll tell u more about what I'm doing on the break next time I update because it's important and if you didn't know you'd rip me apart :)

Mia ✨