Tell me- D.S

*POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING*

I sit in the shower of mine and my boyfriends bathroom in the why don't we house crying my eyes out since I just received a text from my dad completely ripping Daniel and I's relationship apart.

We started dating about 2 years ago and ever since then my parents-especially my dad-have never been supportive of us.

I was the oldest out of 4 children basically being known as 'the mistake of the family'. They were hardly around when I needed them But they like to take credit for raising me when I do something good. Even though I was the oldest child apparently I wasn't living up to the expectations of my parents and my younger siblings were doing much better then I ever could.

Daniel knows that my family isn't very supportive of me, but what he doesn't know is that they absolutely hate him and rip our relationship apart any opportunity they get. And I have no intention on him finding out.

When Daniel first met me I was at a horrible stage in my life. Depressed and suicidal all because of my own parents. Daniel helped me back to my normal happy self because it broke his heart to see me that way.

Before I knew it-about 3 months ago-I was slowly slipping back into depression. My parents being the cause of it again.

I tried so hard to ignore it and put on a fake smile and pretend everything was ok. It was working until jack picked up on it and promised not to tell anyone. Thankfully he hasn't yet.

I heard the bedroom door open and close signalling Danny was home. I held my breath trying to stop the tears from flowing and washed my face trying everything. I got out of the shower and got dressed, after walking out to see Daniel on his phone.

"Hey baby. How ya going?" Daniel asked me looking at me directly in the eyes, his beautiful blue eyes feeling like they're looking directly past my fake smile and right into where I'm trying to keep my secret.

"Uh- I'm good. Just got out of the shower" I said trying to walk away as quickly as possible without it being obvious I was hiding something.

"Yhea no. Come back here" he says getting up from the bed grabbing my arm and turning me around to face him.

"Your not good, tell me what's going on" he says

"Baby I promise you absolutely nothing is going on. I just need to go to the toilet" I smiled trying to cover up the lie. I absolutely hate lying straight to his face but if I don't honestly who knows what would happen.

He lets me go so I can 'go to the toilet' when really I walk into jacks room making sure nobody else in in the room before I walk in

"Hey jack" I sigh as I sit at the end of the bed-he looks up from his phone smiling.

That smile immediately dropping as he sees what state I'm in. He gets up from the bed, walking over to the door closing it before picking up my hands and pulling me onto the bed next to him

"Y/n you can't keep doing this. Your lying directly to your own boyfriends face somehow managing to persuade him into thinking your fine with all your fake smiles and personalities and shit. You have to tell him. If you don't I will. You have 5 hours to tell him" he says sternly.

"Ok fine mom" I say sarcastically instantly regretting saying 'mom' sending me into breaking down again.

I learn onto jacks chest feeling useless and unwanted even though jack is hugging me telling me I'm loved and I'm worth it.

After a few more minutes of crying I choke back the sobs, calming down so I can face Daniel.

I walk out of jacks bathroom after looking in the mirror making sure it doesn't look like I've been crying.

"Ok, does it look like I've been crying?" I ask jack

"Nope your good. Now go tell him or I'll do it myself" he says wrapping me up in a hug making sure I'm ok before facing Danny. He lets me go pushing me out of the room.

I walk into my room to see Daniel looking at my phone. Oh shit. What if he's seen the messages? My question is answered when Daniel looks up at me from where he's sitting on the bed with tear stained cheeks.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He chokes out between sobs sending me into another break down for the 4th time today because I don't like seeing him sad and not the happy, bubbly, people loving person he is.

Before I hit the floor from crying so much Daniel runs over keeping me steady on my feet, picking me up and sitting me on his lap on the bed.

We stay hugging each other and crying for a few more minutes before I explain everything.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asks me hope and sadness all at once filling his eyes. "Uh Yhea. Sure"

"So you know how when you first met me I was depressed and suicidal?" I ask, him nodding his head yes in response

"Ok so when I first met you-like you know-I was very depressed and on the verge on suicide. You helped me out of my shell and showed me what love is through these two years and I couldn't be more thankful you did. But what you don't know is that after I left home and moved out here to L.A with you and the boys and we went public is that my parents found out and about 3 months ago they started texting me horrible things completely ripping our relationship apart and telling me that I was a mistake-which I already knew because they told me all through my childhood-and a complete disappointment to the family and my siblings are doing better in life then I ever could. And after the first four or five times I started slowing slipping back into depression putting on a fake smile for the world and all of you believed it. Daniel I tried so hard so stop myself from going back into depression but nothing-absolutely nothing worked. That's also why I've been so distant from you and everyone and also before you came home I spent about thirty minutes in the shower crying and I didn't actually need to go to the toilet I was just trying to avoid you from seeing my puffy, red, bloodshot eyes" I finish-making sure not to mention jack or Daniel would go off at him-, looking at the floor trying not to start crying again.

"Baby girl I don't care what your parents say about me. We're too strong let those stupid and untrue things from your parents break us apart. If your siblings are doing better in life then you it's a lie. your living the life in Los Angeles with the 5 most entertaining, stupid, caring and most loving guys on this planet plus your acting career is talking off and me and all the boys couldn't be happier for you. You are not a disappointment-especially to me and the boys-and you are definitely not a mistake-and even if your were a mistake, who cares? Because that led you to me. And without you I honestly don't know where I would be" he says pulling me in for another hug which ended up in us laying in bed together while Daniel sung me to sleep, talking to me telling me I'm the most beautiful girl on the planet ect.

Before I fell asleep we both promised each other something. I promised him to never hide anything from him or the boys again and he promised me that he will be there for me through absolutely everything and that he'll help me through this just like he did last time.

******
And he did. Y/n is happier then ever living the absolute dream in L.A with the love of her life and her 4 best friends. She blocked her parents and hasn't talked to them in 5 years. She never hid anything from Daniel or the boys again. She got a lead role in a movie everyone then insisting they spend the entire week celebrating. And Daniel kept his promise and has been there for her through everything no matter how big or small.

The band now has 5 albums out, sold over 20 million copies, won 8 Grammy awards, gone on 3 world tours, sold out Maddison square garden in 3 hours on the 2nd tour. They're still making music and not planning on stopping until their old and their vocal cords won't work. Jack still has noodles, Zach still has really rosy cheeks, Daniel still has sparkling blue eyes and an adorable tooth gap, Corbyn and Christina got married a year ago and Jonah is still a tree with big feet

Y/n and Daniel are now 28, happily married and expecting their first child in a few months with all the boys beyond excited that their going to be uncles.

------------------------
This is BY FAR my favourite chapter I have ever written. I think I did a pretty good job of it. Well done me 👏🏼

Peace! *shake head shake head* -Mia ❤️