Broken - J.A

////

"I can't be your friend anymore. Sorry"

I read over the text message again, letting the tears cover my phone screen and cloud my vision. My best friend just told me she didn't want to be my friend anymore and didn't even have the balls to say it to my face.

She was all I had for the past 4 years and she just threw me to the curb like it was nothing. I felt a mix of emotions, like I just lost a piece of myself. I felt broken. Maybe that's all I ever was to her. Broken treasure and once she saw the flaws in it and threw it out again.

I was so caught up in it all that I didn't see or hear jack open and close the door to my room. I felt arms wrap around me and I turned to see jack looking at me with worry in his eyes. I tried to force a smile but hopelessly failed and cried into jacks chest. Surprisingly he didn't try and stop me but instead he comforted me and held me close.

A few minutes passed and my cries got quieter until I had stopped crying. I pulled away and looked at jack who still had worry in his eyes. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand, taking in a shaky breath as I sighed and looked at jack. "What's wrong?" Jack asked, wiping his thumb under my eye. I grabbed my phone and showed him the text. He read it and looked at me sympathetically. "She's all I had for years and then out of nowhere she throws me to curb like it's nothing. Like I'm nothing" I said, a few more tears running down my cheeks.

Jack didn't say anything, he picked me up and lied down on my bed as I cuddled up to his side, my head on his chest. He played with my hair as I went over everything again. One big question kept popping into my head. Why didn't she what to be my friend anymore? "I don't know but she's pretty stupid to have dropped you" jack said as I looked at him confused. He laughed a little before responding, "you said that out loud" "Oh. Im sorry" I said, looking back at the wall. "Don't be sorry. It's a good question though. Some people do stupid things without reason and we just have to accept that they're shitty people" jack said, still playing with my hair.

The room fell to a comfortable silence as I continued to think and jack continued to try and braid my hair. If I lost one friend does that mean I'll lose all my friends? I thought about all the friends I had which wasn't many but as long as I had them, I'd be alright.

"Jack?" I asked, looking up at jack, breaking his concentration on braiding my hair. "Yeah?" He replied, giving up on braiding my hair. "You'll never leave me, right?" I asked as jack looked at me for a few seconds before doing something I'd never thought he'd do. Kiss me. His lips were soft and fit mine perfectly. Jack pulled away and rested his head on mine. "Does that answer your question?" Jack asked, looking at me.
"I guess" I smiled before jack pulled me in for another kiss.

Most cliche ending, I know. I'm sorry.

Mia ✨