Chapter 77

Diamond's POV

Three months later

Today's the day Ruby has been dreading. Today's her 16th birthday which means it's getting closer and closer to her adoption process.

It hasn't been set in stone that the New York couple will officially be her parents but, we don't know how things will turn out.

Ruby was currently at my house because I just took her to get her hair done. She decided to get faux locs instead of a sew in.

My job was to distract her while the pool party gets set up at Sam's house. We wanted to do it at Noah's but his dumb ass locked himself out his house and his parents are going to be home later on today so there is no way to get in his house.

While Ruby was watching t.v. I was texting Sam making sure everything was set up. I told everyone that the party was at 5 even though it was at 6.

I know that black people come about an hour or more after the party usually starts so I had to tell a little white lie.

There's going to be a whole bunch of people Ruby don't know at her party. Noah accidently screamed party at Sam's house on Saturday and everyone heard him. We had to make sure Ruby didn't hear people talking about it so the party would stay a secret.

"Ruby do you want to go to my grandparents house with me. I have to pick up Mircale"

"Sure. I love your grandparents and Miracle"

My family members really love Ruby. She treats her like she's there blood family. I call her sister and everyone else calls her daughter. Same thing with Rose.

I grabbed my car keys and walked out of my house. On our way to my grandparents house we were singing along to xxxtentaction. His songs be getting me in my feelings like it's no one's business.

Once we arrived Miracle came running out the door with her arms wide open. I crouched down to hug her but she ran to Ruby.

Miracle started giggling as Ruby attacked her with kisses all over her face. It took me 12 hours to push out that big head of hers and this is the thanks I get.

After their little love fest Ruby and I walked into the house where my grandparents were waiting for us.

Once we walked in my grandma came running to me. Finally someone who notices me. Once She got in front of me she swerved and went to Ruby. My grandpa did the same thing. I'll let it slide since it's her birthday.

My grandparents wished her happy birthday while Miracle said birthday ruru.

"I'm not staying for a long time. I just came here to take Miracle so we can go to the mall with Ruby"

"You're not leaving here before you eat. You look so small and boney. Is your mom not feeding you? I'm gonna have a talk with that lady you call mom"

I rolled my eyes and picked Miracle up. I went up to her room while I left Ruby downstairs with my grandma. The first thing I did was pack Miracle's and my bathing suit in her baby bag.

I pray to God I wasn't taking too long with Miracle. I hope my grandma didn't blab about Ruby's surprise party to her.

Ruby's POV

I watched grandma as she took some ground beef out of the freezer so she can make some tacos. Diamond and I ate less then a hour ago but who am I to deny free food.

"What are your plans for your birthday today?"

"I have no idea. Maybe I'll just go to the mall with Diamond then go home for a movie night"