Chapter 14

I just stood in front of him speechless.

How does he know I 'm uncomfortable in my own skin?

"I-I know I'm b-beautiful  " I chocked out.

It was very hard for that 9 letter word to come out of my mouth.

I wasn't always like that.

At least not until I met him.

I heard Sam take a deep breath before he said "look at yourself in the mirror and say you're beautiful."

I shrugged it off and looked down at the mirror.

I'm ready for this.

I'm ready for this.

I tried to convince myself that I was beautiful and that I was ready look in the mirror again but, I lied to myself.

The moment my eyes caught my reflection a tear rolled down my face and unto the clear mirror surface.

Sam pulled me into a hug and I softly cried on his shoulder. I knew I wasn't ready. I was just trying to convince myself that I was. I don't know what I was thinking when I looked into that mirror.

"Princess I'm sorry for making you cry" Sam softly said while his chin rested on top of my head.

"It's not your fault Sam." I said in between my heavy breathing. 

"Do you want to make a deal?" Sam asked me as we stood by my locker hugging.

I shook my head yes and Sam took that as a sigh to continue taking.  

"Ok princess, I will take you on adventures. I will take you places that are out of your comfort zone so I could help you get out of your shell. Every time you go through with your task I will give you a mirror to put in your room. Do you want to do it?"

I thought about it for a while. 

Am I ready for this?

Will this help me get out of my comfort zone?

Will I allow myself to get pass what happened in the past?

Nevertheless I shook my head yes.

It's about time I let go of my demons and move on. This is a once in a life time opportunity I wasn't willing to pass up.

I wanted to get passed my fears but, I never knew how to start. Now Sam is offering his help and I can't let the people that I love about down. 

I felt Sam smile above me which made me crack a smile. 

He kissed the top of my head and said "as you wish princess." 

He pulled away from me and kissed my forehead. I smiled and he gave me a boyish grin.

I put my mirror in my locker and turned to face Sam who was leaning next to my locker. We walked away with smiles on our faces and his arm around my shoulder.                        

-------------

  RING!!!!!

The bell rung signaling me that my favorite part of the day was here.

LUNCH!!!!

Lunch is the only time of the day I get to escape the annoying teachers and the annoying kids I get crammed into class with.

I ran out of my class and straight to my locker. On my way to my locker I heard little sniffles coming from the girls bathroom.

I walked into the bathroom and I saw Ruby sitting in the corner of the bathroom, sobbing. I walked towards her and sat down next to her. I didn't even care about my dress getting dirty. I was focused on helping my new friend.