Chapter 41

Diamond POV

"Mom do I have to go to school" I begged her.

"No you don't but you have to makeup for the homework you're gonna miss"

I nodded my head and ran up the stairs.

Yesterday when I went to the mall I only bought my clothes. I also put my hair and nails appointment.

I offered to pay for Ruby to get her hair and nails done but, she declined. She said that she already put a hair appointment for next week.

I had to get ready for the dinner tonight. I really want to impress Sam's parents.

Once my mom left I went down to the kitchen to get some breakfast. I was already dressed and ready to go to the mall.

I ate some eggs and bacon with orange juice. I checked the time and gasped. I gotta go pick up Ruby.

She sent me her address a few minutes ago. I grabbed my car keys and phone and walked out the front door.

Minutes later I pulled up to the address Ruby sent me. I have to say where she lives is beautifully decorated.

I walked into the building and I'm  immediately greeted by a smiling lady with brown eyes and light brown skin tone.

"Hello my name is Jesse Jackson. How may I help you ma'ma?" the lady said politely.

"I'm here to visit my friend Ruby"

"Thank you for not leaving" she said with a genuine smile on her face.

I guess she knows about Ruby's past friends.

"Its easy to stay when the person is like a sister to you"

"She's right in that room" Ms. Jackson said as she pointed to the room with the pink door.

I walked towards the room and knocked on the door. Seconds later Ruby opened the door.

I saw a glimpse of her room and busted open the door. Her room is like a princess wonderland.

Everything is pink. Even though I hate pink her room looks amazing.

"Well hello to you too" Ruby said as she laughed.

"Your room is awesome" I said as I bounced on her soft bed. It feels like memory foam.

"Thank you, Jesse designed it for me when I was 13" Ruby said.

Oh that explains the whole pink situation. She was going through her girly girl phase.

"You ready to go" Ruby asked as she picked up her purse.

I wanted to say she could leave without me but, I had appointments to go to.

"We definitely need to have a sleepover here one day"

"How about next Friday, it could be like a girls night"

"Sounds good to me"

I got off of her bed and hesitantly walked away from it. I just met her bed and I'm already in love with it.

We walked out of the her room and into my car. Once I sat down I started the car and turned up the radio.

I can't drive in pure silence. The radio is a must for me.

Ruby and I started singing along to Love by Kendrick Lamar.

Before we knew it we arrived in front of the mall. Time flys when you're having fun.

We stepped out of the car and walked towards the mall. The mall was packed today. I'm surprised I found a  parking spot.

"Would you like to try some fried shrimp with barbeque sause" this lady said as we walked towards the nails store.