Chapter 5

Once the school bell rung I raced out of class. I had to get home. I stopped by my locker and placed all my books.

When I was finishing up I felt a hand slap against the locker next to me. I glanced next to me to see Sam leaning against the locker.

He didn't say anything all he did was stare at me. I felt like I was going to blush so I buried my face inside of my locker and pretend like I didn't notice he was standing beside me.

He finally decided to talk and asked me "can I see your phone for a moment?" I looked at him confused then he said: "I won't do anything bad I promise."

I studied his face for a little bit then handed him my phone. He gave it back to me about 1 minute later. He then said, "see you later my queen".

Being the idiot that I am I blushed like crazy at his nickname for me. I looked over where he was leaning and saw his silhouette disappearing.

I shut my locker than locked it with my face still slightly red. I turned around then I came face to face with Hunter O'Neill.

He had a crush on me for a few years now. He has been trying to go out with me since tenth grade. Now we're in twelfth grade and he is still not giving up. He has been literally with every girl in the school except for me.

I didn't want to be anyone's one nightstand. I rolled my eyes and walked around him. He stopped me by stepping in the direction I did.

I sighed and said " what do you want Hunter? " I was about tired of him. he called me things like African beauty and the black barbie.

What the fuck is up with that?

He smirked at me and said, "I want to go on a date with you".

I put my palm on my face then said: " I'm going to tell you the same thing I've been telling you for years now, NO!!" I screamed at him then walked away. He has to be very desperate to be going after me out of all the girls in this school.

While I was walking I heard him say "you're going to want me, just you wait". I rolled my eyes again and made my way towards my car. I placed my bookbag on the passenger seat then drove far away from that hell hole.

Once I walked into my house the smell of fresh chocolate chip cookies hit my nose. I dropped my bookbag by the door and made my way towards the kitchen. I saw my mom organizing the cookies on the plate with flour all over her apron and Afro hair.

I told her hi mom and she walked over to where I had sat down and she kissed the top of my head. She then asked me how was school and I told her how I bumped into Sam and my encounter with Hunter.

When I told her about Hunter she just rolled her eyes. My mom was my best friend, I tell her everything.

I was eating my cookies with milk when my mom noticed something was wrong with me. She placed the warm milk she was drinking and asked me what's the matter.

I was constantly fidgeting with my fingers and I wasn't saying a word. I took a deep breath and said: " mom I have a date tonight."

When I told her that she dropped the cookie that was about to be in her mouth on the plate. I looked down at my hands and not into her eyes. I whispered, "are you mad at me?" I expected her to start screaming at me but, she did the opposite.

She got up from her seat and danced around the kitchen. her puffy hair jumping up and down along with her. I am confused, what's going on? When she was done with her dancing she sat down and said "I thought those words would come out of your mouth. You didn't even consider dating after your last boyfriend. Finally".

When she mentioned him a tear tried to escape my eyes but I wouldn't let it.

Well, at least she's not mad at me.

My mom and I talked for what seemed like hours. It actually was when I checked my phone. It was now 10:09 and I had twenty minutes to get ready for my date.

While I was walking up the stairs I felt a vibration in my back pocket. When I arrived in my room and took it out. When I unlocked my phone I saw this:

 When I unlocked my phone I saw this:

This boy is way too much I thought to myself as I threw my phone on the bed

This boy is way too much I thought to myself as I threw my phone on the bed. I looked through my closet and found the perfect outfit.

I picked up my striped shirt with my black distressed jeans along with my black and white vans. I throw in my coco channel purse and a gold watch.

I wish I knew how I looked like

I wish I knew how I looked like. I also didn't want to see myself either. Eh, I'll be fine. I did my hair in two space buns then walked out of my room with a couple of minutes to spare.

I waited for him downstairs and when he pulled up I was suddenly anxious. What's happening to me?

------------

What's going to happen on her date?
Will she and Sam get along?