Chapter 7

The car was silent. We didn't say a word to each other. I stared out the window just praying to God that we could reach the location of the date already.

When the car came to a complete stop I reverted my eyes to the front window.

I saw this really fancy restaurant with lights hanging from the roof. I reached over to open the door but Sam pressed the lock bottom that was on the car door.

I eyed him then he stepped outside the car and walked over to my door to open the door for me.

He opened the door for me and bowed down and said: "my princess, we have arrived". I stepped out of the car and said: " thank you, fine sir". We both chucked and headed into the building.

He opened the door for me I blushed. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a gentleman. We approached the lady that was sitting at the front desk and she asked for our reservations.

Sam spoke up and said "Greene, reservation for two please". The girl typed away on her computer and said: " yes sir, right this way".

We walked over to our table and Sam pulled out my chair for me. Of course, my dumb self blushed again. I looked away but it was too late. He chuckled and sat down.

The waiter came and placed the menu's on the table.

Sam laughed out of nowhere and I was confused. I asked him "why are you laughing"? He just laughed harder without giving me a respond. He said, "did you really think we were coming here on our date".

I looked at him confused and said: " yes, that's what I thought". He officially lost his mind.

What is wrong with this boy? He hasn't stopped laughing yet.

He said, "come on babe, let's get out of here". With that being said he grabbed my hand and we walked outside towards his car.

He clicked the button that was on his car keys and opened the door for me. I said thank you and sat in the passenger seat.

When he started the car we started talking. It wasn't an awkward silence like when we first got in the car together. We sang along to the songs that were playing on the radio and laughed a lot.

When the car came to a complete stop I noticed we were outside of a retro dining restaurant. I like old fashion restaurants. I was actually happy we left that expensive restaurant. I wasn't dressed for it anyways.

We walked into the restaurant and I was in awe. It looked amazing. There was an amazing portrait of Marilyn Monroe on the wall. The pink and blue seats tied together the whole restaurant. The chandelier looked amazing too.

He saw I was amazed so he said: " you like it huh"

He saw I was amazed so he said: " you like it huh". I just nodded and he chuckled. We made our way over to a table and I was still observing the restaurant. A woman that was rolling on roller skates came and took our order.

When I told you I like old fashion restaurants I meant I love it.

Sam ordered a rack of ribs with a coke. I didn't want to order anything I haven't tried before since this is my first time coming here. I took the safe road and ordered a hamburger with fries along with some sprite.

We talked for a while then a new waitress came with our food. She said, "Hi Sam, here is your food and for your beautiful date here is her food".

She placed the food on the table then ruffled Sam's hair. He shook his head while laughing.

While we were eating I tried my best not to eat too fast. I didn't want to seem like a monster on our first "date". I was already fat I didn't want to look even fatter.

When I was done eating I asked Sam " how did the waitress know your name"?

He knitted his eyebrows and said "why? Are you jealous?" After he said that he smirked indicating he was playing.

I rolled my eyes and said "why would I be? You're lucky I even agreed to go out with you".

He said, "ouch that hurts". He placed his hands over his heart and sighed.

I said, "just answer the question weirdo".

He took a sip of his coke and said "I come here a lot. This is where I come to clear my head".

I nodded my head and took a sip of my sprite. I didn't want to ask him what he means by that. It was none of my business.

He broke the silence and said, " why haven't I seen you at school before I ran into you".

I said "its because I'm not popular like you. I'm more of the quiet book worm type. I don't go out and party. I also don't have any friends at school."

He took my hands and said, "you have a friend now".

For some reason, I believed him. I believed that in due time we would be great friends.