Chapter 70

Sam's POV

"Dad?"

Diamond said as the keys dropped on the concrete. She was in complete and utter shock.

Her dad stepped out of the car allowing Diamond to tackle him in a bone crushing hug. She sobbed on his shoulder as he lifted her up.

Everyone either had their phones out videotaping the sweet moment or crying along with them. I smiled at them, my hard work paid off.

I must say, it wasn't an easy process. I had to put a request for him to leave 4 months in advance. I got the idea the day when she told us that her dad was in the military, I just didn't know when her birthday was. Once momma told me her birthday was on Christmas I immediately got to work.

All the other years Diamond's dad couldn't make it to Christmas was because he asked too late or he had important certification testes to take.

But, there's one problem. I didn't tell him that I'm Diamond's boyfriend. I didn't want him to think I'm disrespectful since I didn't ask his permission to date Diamond.

I panicked so I said I was her bestfriend. I feel bad for lying to him though.

"Miracle come meet grandpa"

Miracle wobbled over to the man and stood in front of him. Diamond's dad picked her up and smiled.

"She looks beautiful. She's worth going to the military for"

He said as tears came down his face. Miracle whipped his tears away and kissed his cheek. He just pulled her in for a tighter hug..

Everyone joined Diamond's dad and Miracle for a group hug. I was just awkwardly standing on the side looking at them until Diamond pulled me in the hug.

"Thank you so much Sammy. I love you with all my heart"

Diamond whispered in my ears. I smiled at her and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

When we pulled away my mom and dad saluted him. He copied their action and came up to give them a hug.

"Welcome back Ryder"

My dad said as he did the same handshake momma, my mom and him did.

"Am I missing something here?"

I asked in confusion. It looks like they already know each other.

"In highschool we were the four amigos. When he was about to go to the military we offered to hide him in our basement but he said no. He wanted to do the 'right thing'"

My dad said as he flicked the  camoflauge visor that was on Diamond's dad head. Now I'm a little less nervous. At least he knows my parents so that means he won't kill me. Hopefully.

"I wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for Diamond's bestfriend Sam"

"Bestfriend? That's not her bestfriend?"

Anthony said. A smile spread across his face as he saw my horrified expression.

"Then what is he?"

Diamond's dad said as he glared at me. I have a feeling he knows I'm Diamond's boyfriend. He just wants reassurance.

"Brother I have tea for you. Let's go inside before you kill him though. I wouldn't want you to go back to the military so soon"

Everyone followed them inside. I was thinking about making a run for it but, today's my princess birthday. I can't abandon her. So, I'll just make my escape tomorrow.