Chapter 63

Diamond's POV

"Baby please wake up. I'm begging you. I don't want to lose you too"

I heard Sam cry into my chest. Even though I fainted I could still hear everything that was going on around me.

I heard the doctor tell him to move back so he can check my pulse. I felt his cold fingers on my neck as I heard Sam panicking in the background.

"She'll probably wake up in a few minutes. She just fainted. Nothing serious"

Just like he said a few minutes later my eyes started opening and I gained control of my body again.

I was laying on a hospital bed with tubes in my arms and a water bag next to my head.

Sam ran up to my bed and attacked me in a hug. I felt his tears run now my chest as he sobbed on me.

"I though I lost you. Don't ever scare me like that again baby girl"

He said as he stroked my hair. I nodded my head and ran my fingers through his hair.

"Ms. Ryder"

Someone said. Sam and I pulled away and saw the doctor at the foot of my bed with his clipboard in his hand.

"You didn't let me finish what I was telling you"

I knew what he was going to say. He was going to tell me that my pride and joy is gone. My life support is dead.

But, nevertheless I nodded my head and allowed him to continue taking. I know it's gonna hurt but, I have to deal with it.

"I was going to say that Miracle didn't make it out without any injuries. She has second degree burns on her legs and some burns on her hands. She's quite lucky she made it out alive with only a few injuries"

Tears started streaming down my face as I registered what he was saying. My baby is alive. She's not dead.

Sam held me tight against his chest as he massaged my head. This is the best news I've heard in a long long time.

"Can we see her?"

"Sure, I'll bring her in"

He left the room leaving me, Sam, and my mom. She had took a break and came to visit me which wasn't so hard since she worked in the hospital.

"Mom she's alive"

I whispered to her. I couldn't be more happier right now. I was fearing the worst when the doctor came to talk to us the first time.

Mintues later the doctor came back with one of the beds the new born babies get put in when they're born but this one was bigger.

I smiled as I saw Miracle laying down. Once the doctor stopped next to my bed Miracles head popped up.

"Mama"

She said as she reached her arms out to me. I smiled as I cradled her on my chest. I placed my arms places where didnt have any bandages.

It feels like I haven't seen her in years. I immediately started smiling from ear to ear. Tears streamed down my face as I looked at her. I let out a little giggle.

"Why are you laughing baby?"

Sam said. I looked up at him then back down at Miracle.

"This reminds of the day I gave birth to Miracle"

Sam and my mom pulled me into a group hug. The room was full of sobbing and tears.

The doctor left once he saw that we weren't going to pull away any time soon. That was a smart decision.