roadtrip

let's pretend they all live in america for this 😂

chanyeol and i lifted our suitcases into the back of his car then i turned back to the boys while he shut the trunk.

"are you ever coming back?" baekhyun asked.

"i don't know, maybe some day," i replied. he sighed sadly and pulled me into a hug.

"stay safe, okay? call us occasionally, we're going to miss you both so much," he said.

"of course," i said. he let go of the hug and i hugged the other boys one by one. when i got to jongin, he burst out crying and buried his face in my shoulder.

"oh, nini," i whispered.

"don't leave me, you're my best friend," he cried.

"i'm sorry, love, but we really want to do this. we need to take some time to explore," i said.

"then take a few months and come back, you're always welcome back."

i lifted his head up and rested my forehead against his.

"we love you, jongin, but we want to find our home, somewhere we belong. you never know, maybe we'll realize it's here and come back but maybe we'll find it across the country. wherever we end up, i promise i will tell you so you can come and visit, okay? i'm sorry that we're leaving but it's what's best for us."

he closed his eyes and let out a shaky breath before nodding.

"okay," he said. i kissed his forehead then moved back to let chanyeol say goodbye. i ruffled jongin's hair then wrapped my arm around chanyeol's waist.

"we'll see you guys again, i'm sure," i said.

"definitely. i'll need my best men for when we get married," chanyeol said. "and our children will need to meet their uncles."

"you're 100% sure this is what you want?" junmyeon asked.

"100%," chanyeol and i replied. junmyeon nodded and blinked back a few tears in his eyes.

"alright, go before i physically stop you," he said. i giggled and leaned in to kiss his cheek before walking to the passenger side of the car. chanyeol and i both got in and he started the car. i waved to the boys as we drove away, my heart breaking the further they became from us. once they were out of sight, a tear escaped my eye.

"hey, baby, don't be sad," chanyeol said, reaching over to grab my hand.

"i'm not sad, i'm just going to miss them," i said.

"i am, too, but this is going to be the best decision we've ever made."

"you think?"

"i know."

i smiled and squeezed his hand.

"where should we head first?" i asked.

"well, you always said you wanted to see los angeles so i figured we'd make our way there," he said.

"that's far," i said.

"we'll make stops along the way. it'll take a while but it'll be worth it."

i looked over at him and grinned.

"you're the most amazing boyfriend i could have asked for," i said.

"and you're the most amazing girlfriend," he said. i leaned over and pressed a kiss on his cheek.

"i love you."

"and i love you."

after about half an hour, and as chanyeol pulled onto the highway, he took my hand in his again and squeezed it gently.

"this moment right here, this is the moment that the rest of our lives will change forever," he said. "no matter where we go from now, nothing will ever be the same again. this is the road-trip to decide how our lives will turn out."

"then let's make it a good one," i said.

"let's do it. let's get the most important road-trip started."

okay i love this one even though it's pretty emotional 😂 this is for xxffllyyxx i hope you like it! :)