trying

"i think that was the one," chanyeol said, falling down beside me. he wrapped his arm around my waist and rubbed my stomach. "i think this one's gonna make us a baby."

i felt my heart drop but i kept silent.

"i love you, baby," he said. he turned over and wrapped himself up in the duvet before falling asleep.

when i was sure he was asleep, i reached out and traced the muscles on his back.

"oh chanyeol, i'm sorry," i whispered. "i've been meaning to tell you this for a few months but there's no way that got me pregnant. we've been trying for almost a year and nothing's been happening, so i went to the doctor and he told me that it's impossible for me to get pregnant.

i'm so sorry, baby, i know you probably won't want to stay with me after this, but i guess it was time to tell you. even though you're asleep and you probably won't remember this but it needed to be said. you're not going to be a dad and i hate myself because of it. i'm sorry."

i turned away then buried my face in my pillow and cried myself to sleep.

——————————————————————

i woke up the next morning to chanyeol drawing circles on my back. i turned over and wrapped my arm around his waist, burying my face in his chest.

"can we talk?" he asked.

"mmhmm," i replied. he took a deep breath and ran his fingers over my arm.

"i heard what you said last night," he said. i froze and my heart started pounding.

"everything?" i asked.

"everything."

i sighed then he leant down and pressed his lips to my head.

"obviously i'm sad that you can't get pregnant but don't say that i would ever leave you. i didn't marry you just to have a baby, i married you because i love you," he said. "plus, we can always adopt, it's not like we'll never have kids."

"but i can't give you our own child and i'm so mad. i've always wanted kids and i know how much you want to be a dad."

"don't be mad at yourself, it happens. as i said, we'll just adopt a baby in need."

i looked up at him and sighed, pouting slightly. he just smiled and kissed me gently.

"i love you, okay? it'll be okay," he said. he kissed me again then flipped me under him. "but hey, at least now we can do the 'do' and not worry about an unplanned pregnancy."

i rolled my eyes but grinned, snaking my arms around his neck. i wrapped my legs around him and pulled his lips down to mine.

"what are you waiting for? 'do' me, chanyeol," i whispered. he grinned and kissed me again.

he wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in the side of my neck.

"i have to go to practice now," he sighed.

"don't go..." i whined.

"i'm sorry, baby, but i have to," he said. "but when i get back, maybe we could start looking at adopting?"

"really?" i asked.

"really."

i grinned and kissed him again before pushing him out of the bed.

"go," i said. he smiled and changed then left the house so i wrapped myself up in the duvet and closed my eyes to go back to sleep. i have the best husband.

idk how i feel about this, it was kind of rushed, but i'll post it anyway :)