rivals

i don't usually like to write werewolf stories, i don't like reading them either, but this was a request so i will do it anyway :)

a noise outside my bedroom door startled me as i lay in bed early in the morning. it was only a minuscule sound but being a vampire meant my hearing was heightened so much i could hear any small sound. i passed it off as the wind as i laid back down, snuggling up against the warm body next to me again.

"you okay?" chanyeol whispers, voice croaky from sleep.

"heard a noise but it's probably nothing," i replied. "go back to sleep."

he nodded and within a second was out like a light. i could hear the wind picking up outside and in my bedroom with a broken window, i knew i should be feeling a draft, but i wasn't. vampires can feel cold, unlike what we're portrayed like in the movies, but not as badly as humans. and it helped that the man lying next to me was basically my own personal heater. perks of dating a werewolf, i guess.

our relationship was very taboo. vampires and werewolves had been at war for centuries and were forbidden from even being around each other, let alone being together. the only person that knew was my older "brother" baekhyun. he and chanyeol were close friends before he got turned and they refused to let the war stop them from being friends. he's how i met chanyeol.

when i was turned, baekhyun's clan took me in and i became one of them. chanyeol came around to baekhyun's house one day and as soon as i laid eyes on him i knew i wanted to have him. it was love at first sight, as they say. chanyeol was a little more weary at first, sometimes new vampires have trouble controlling themselves, but it didn't take long for him to warm up. we'd been together ever since.

it was only a few minutes later that i heard the noise again, this time closer to my door.

"chanyeol, baby, stay here i'll be right back," i whispered. he mumbled in response so i untangled myself from him and tiptoed to the door. i opened it and froze when i saw all of my clan standing outside, noses turned up in disgust.

"what is that awful smell coming from in here?" junmyeon asked.

"it's me, haven't showered in a while," i replied.

"no, it smells like wet dog." he looked around me and of course chanyeol chooses that moment to sit up and call for me.

"close the door, babe, i want to sleep," he whined. junmyeon's eyes hardened at seeing chanyeol and he slammed the door open so hard it almost flew off it's hinges.

"(y/n), why the hell do you have a wolf in your room?" he growled.

"i-," my mouth couldn't form words, "junmyeon, i can explain."

"you better have a good explanation for this. this is against the rules, (y/n). i can kick you out for this, i'm not afraid." he shakes his head. "i'm so disappointed in you, i thought you were better than this."

before i could speak, i felt myself being pulled back into chanyeol's arms and i was shoved against his chest that was shaking from anger.

"don't talk to her like that," he said. "you're not her father, you don't get to be rude."

"i'm the leader of the clan, i'm in charge," junmyeon said.

"she can do what she wants."

"it's against the rules."

"the rules are stupid and outdated! things have changed! the werewolves are willing to change if you are."

junmyeon glared at chanyeol in silence before turning his gaze back to me.

"no," he said. "(y/n), either break up with him or you're out. i can't have a werewolf in this house."

he walked away, the rest of the clan following, including an apologetic baekhyun, then it was just me and chanyeol.

"what am i gonna do?" i whispered.

"it's okay, baby, you'll come and live with me," chanyeol said. "my pack will be happy to take you in, i promise. we'll be okay."

we'll be okay. it'll be okay.

stupid rivalry.

i don't really like this but i'll post it anyway 😂 this was for @hiraikook, hope you liked it :)

also, y'all, i made a blackpink fan account like a week ago and it'd be cool if you could go and give it a follow (@/cylsjnjs_blackpink) and also my chanyeol fan account (@/_fluffyeol)! you don't have to, but if you wanna be friends then go ahead :)