reunited

"i don't think this is working out, chanyeol," i said.

"wait, what?" he asked.

"this relationship," i said. "i'm sorry, i love you, but i'm going to university in america and i don't think a long distance relationship will work."

"(y/n), we don't have to break up! i love you, we can make it work!"

i sighed and took his hand.

"i'm sorry, yeol, i really am, but it's over."

i kissed him one last time then let go of his hand and walked away.

———— 2 years later ————

i walked into my first class of the year and sat down in the first empty seat i could find. i put my bag down beside me and looked up to smile at the person beside me but my eyes widened at who i saw.

"chanyeol?" i asked. he nodded, grinning widely at me.

"i missed you," he said. he leaned in and placed a kiss on my lips but i pushed him away.

"what are you doing?" i asked.

"kissing you, duh," he replied. he leaned in to kiss me again but i stopped him.

"chanyeol, we broke up. 2 years ago."

"you broke up with me, i never accepted it so i say we're still together."

"no, we-... oh whatever. what are you doing here?"

"my program had an exchange opportunity here and i wanted to see you so i took it."

"that was dumb, chanyeol. i broke up with you for a reason, what's going to happen when you leave again, huh? what if we start something up again and then you leave?"

"we'll work it out." he took my hand in his and held it tight. "i still love you, (y/n). i love you so much and i'd do anything to have a second chance with you. i'm here for a year and i want to spend that year being your boyfriend again."

i sighed but laced our fingers together.

"i don't know, yeol, i just think it's so risky," i said.

"but we can get through it," he said. "do you love me?"

"of course i love you," i replied.

"then we can do it, i promise we can," he said. i stared into his eyes then chuckled lightly.

"i hate that i can't resist your puppy dog eyes," i said. i put my hand on the back of his neck and pulled him down to attach our lips again. he grinned against my lips and titled his head to deepen the kiss.

"i love you so much, so much," he whispered.

"and i love you, too," i replied. he kissed me again then pulled away when the professor walked in.

after class, chanyeol took my hand and we left the classroom together.

"do you have another class today?" he asked.

"no, do you?" i asked.

"no," he replied. "do you want to go on a date?"

"can we just hang out in my room instead? we can just watch a movie or something," i said.

"okay!" he said excitedly. i lead him to my room, greeting my roommate who seemed completely entranced by him, before taking him into my room. i bent down to take my shoes off and chanyeol took the opportunity to pick me up, toss me onto my bed, and pin me down on it.

"what are you doing?" i asked.

"i haven't seen you in 2 years, baby, i'm going to take advantage of this year," he said. he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine so i wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, missing the feeling of his passionate kisses. maybe this year won't be so bad.

finally continuing the requests lol. this is for @samplanet, i hope you like it!