worried

i woke up at around 2 in the morning and was not surprised to see that chanyeol wasn't in bed. he hasn't been sleeping for weeks, ever since the news that his childhood best friend passed away. he's been a mess, staying up all night, writing songs and working too much. i hate to see him like this.

i got out of bed and walked over to chanyeol's studio room, knocking lightly on the door. i didn't get an answer but opened the door anyway, seeing chanyeol sitting at his desk, working on his computer. i walked over to him and touched his shoulder gently.

"chanyeol, come to bed." i said.

"i can't, i'm busy." he replied.

"you've been working on this for 2 weeks now, you can take a night off. come on, baby, you haven't slept in so long." i tried to take his hand to help him up but he pulled it away, immediately sliding his headphones over his ears. i brushed off the rude gesture and sighed, leaving the studio. i went back to the bedroom and picked up my phone, calling baekhyun.

"hello?" he asked sleepily.
"he's doing it again, baek. he won't sleep, he won't leave his studio, i even had to force him to eat. i don't know what to do anymore." i said.
"it's going to take a while. he's writing songs, that's how he copes. it's been 2 weeks now, i guarantee in a few days, he will be back to normal."
"i hope so, i'm just worried. he hasn't cried at all, that's not normal."
"i know, love, i know. we're all worried, but it'll be okay. just get some sleep, he'll be fine for tonight."
"okay."

i hung up and laid down to go back to sleep but stopped when the bedroom door opened and chanyeol walked in. we made eye contact and immediately chanyeol ran over to me, buried himself in my arms and started sobbing.

"i'm a horrible person, (y/n). i've been so mean to you, i've been mean to everyone. i'm sorry, i'm so sorry. i'm horrible." he cried, breaking my heart.

"no, baby, you're not horrible, not at all. you're just really tired and emotional from what happened. i understand." i said, stroking his hair.

"but i was so rude, you were just trying to help me but i was horrible. i'm sorry, i love you." he said.

"i know, i love you, too." i replied. "come on, you need to sleep, let's talk more in the morning."

i gently rolled him off me and pulled the covers over him. i stroked his cheek with my thumb and kissed him gently, smiling when i noticed he was already asleep. i laid down beside him and cuddled into his side, falling asleep easily.

------------------------------------------------------

when i woke up, at 9, i looked beside me and saw that chanyeol was still fast asleep. i smiled at the sight then slowly climbed out of bed, tiptoeing into the kitchen. i made chanyeol and myself a cup of coffee then went back to the bedroom. i sat down beside chanyeol and stroked his forehead, smiling when his eyes fluttered open.

"coffee?" i asked. he nodded so i handed him the cup. "are you okay?"

"i don't know. i'm really tired and i just can't believe he's gone, you know? i haven't wrapped my head around it." he replied.

"i know, it's going to take a while, that's totally normal." i said. he smiled slightly then leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"i love you." he said.

"i love you, too." i replied. "now, finish your coffee and go back to sleep. i'll tell the guys you need today off." he nodded, thanking me, so i left the bedroom to let him sleep. i'm so glad he's finally sleeping again.

i hope you guys like this :)