sleepy

i looked down at where chanyeol was lying on my lap and giggled when i saw him fast asleep, his face buried in my stomach. i ran my fingers through his hair, smiling as he moved so i could see his whole face. he's the most adorable person when he sleeps. his eyes get all puffy, his ears and nose go red, his lips dry up and are usually wide open as he snores, and his hair sticks up in thousands of directions. i never think i can fall even more in love with him but he always manages to prove me wrong.

chanyeol turned over in his sleep so his back was facing me and i took the opportunity to rub it gently. he's been really stressed and sad since his friend and label-mate jonghyun passed away a few days ago and i've been trying to help him through it as much as possible.

"mm, that's nice," he mumbled. he caught me off guard a bit but only for a second.

"i thought you were asleep," i said.

"i was, that woke me up," he said.

"sorry."

"don't be, it feels nice."

i continued to rub his back, slipping my hand under his shirt to feel his warm skin.

"how are you doing?" i asked.

"been better," he replied. "i had a dream about him. he showed up at the dorm and told us he loves us. it seemed so real."

a tear escaped his eye and soaked through my pyjama bottoms, making my heart drop.

"i'm sorry, baby," i said. he sighed, closing his eyes to stop the rest of the tears. "try and get back to sleep, love, you're exhausted."

"take me to bed," he said, sitting up and lifting his arms above his head.

"you want me to carry you to bed?" i asked, chuckling. he nodded jokingly so i faked trying to lift him off the couch.

"oh no, i'm too weak, looks like you'll have to walk," i said. he rolled his eyes but smiled a little and got up himself. we walked into the bedroom and climbed into bed, instantly cuddling up together.

"are you sure you're okay with me sleeping?" he asked.

"yeah, i like watching you sleep anyway, you look cute," i said.

"creep," he mumbled. i laughed and saw him smile before he slowly drifted off. i stroked his hair and traced my finger across his lips once before cuddling into him and falling asleep too.

——————————————————————

when i woke up the next morning, i immediately looked beside me to see chanyeol's side of the bed empty. there was a note lying on the pillow though so i picked it up.

went to the memorial service again with the boys, will be back with all of them later. i love you.

i smiled slightly then sent him a text.

to: yeol ❤️

should i order some food for the boys?

he replied after a few minutes.

from: yeol ❤️

yeah, no one's really eaten much for a while.
we've invited taemin, minho, onew, and kibum to come too so i'll let you know what they say.

to: yeol ❤️

okay, baby, say hi to jonghyun for me.

from: yeol ❤️

of course.

i put my phone back down on my bedside table and got out of bed to clean the house for the boys.

when all 12 of them arrived, chanyeol and i gave them some food and i watched as, towards the end of the night, they fell asleep in each other's embraces. i lead chanyeol up to our bed and we got in, cuddling close.

"goodnight, baby," i said.

"goodnight," he replied. i kissed him gently before we fell asleep in each other's arms.

i feel like this kind of lost the plot line halfway through but oh well.

i hope you guys are doing a little better today, i think i am. i finally had a good cry and it was almost relaxing for a bit. i hope you're on the way to feeling okay again ❤️

i hope you like this update :)