sleep talk

i woke up in the middle of the night to my boyfriend thrashing around, mumbling.

"yeol, baby?" i whispered, stroking his forehead. he turned to me, still asleep, and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"she doesn't... she doesn't know," he mumbled.

"who doesn't know?" i asked.

"(y/n)... she doesn't know," he said.

"she doesn't know what?"

"the secret..."

"what secret?"

he groaned, stretching, then pulled me closer into him, throwing his leg over mine.

"the ring... engagement... secret..." my heart froze then he stopped talking and moving completely, snoring loudly in my ear. i gently took his arms off me and sat up, my brain still reeling about what he'd said.

is he going to propose to me? is there a ring somewhere?

i climbed out of bed and tiptoed around to chanyeol's bedside table. i quietly opened the top drawer and the first thing i saw was a velvet box. i reach out to pick it up but stop myself. he obviously wants it to be a secret so i shouldn't look. i should just pretend that i don't know anything.

i walked back to my side of the bed and climbed in, falling asleep almost instantly.

———————————————————————

i went downstairs in the morning and smiled when i saw chanyeol shirtless, cooking breakfast.

"what a nice sight," i sighed. he turned around, smiling, letting me get a great view of his cute tummy. "there's my favourite tummy."

"i'm glad you like my tummy but don't get used to it, it will be going soon," he said.

"what? no! why?" i said.

"i need to be fit for the tour."

i pouted and wrapped my arms around him, kissing his tummy.

"goodbye favourite cute tummy, i'll miss you," i whispered. i kissed it again then stood on my tiptoes and kissed his lips.

"okay, baby, i want you to go and get dressed and i'll call you down when breakfast is ready," he said. i nodded then let go of him and went upstairs.

i heard chanyeol call my name so i went back downstairs and was surprised to see the living room full with the rest of the boys, chanyeol's family and my family. my mind went back to what chanyeol had said last night and my heart started racing.

i felt arms wrap around me so i turned my head and saw chanyeol's smiling face.

"what's going on?" i asked. he turned me around then took my right hand in his.

"there's something i've been meaning to ask you for a few months and i'm tired of waiting," he said. "(y/n), baby, i love you. i love you so much and i have for the two years we've been together and the three years before that when we were friends. i know i want to be with you for the rest of my life and i want to start from now."

he got down on one knee and pulled the velvet box i found last night out of his pocket. he opened it and i saw a really pretty engagement ring.

"(y/n), you're the love of my life and it would be a great honour if you would agree to be my wife," he said.

"oh, yeol, of course i will. i love you," i replied. he smiled then stood up and slid the ring on my finger. he cupped my cheeks and kissed me as everyone cheered.

"i love you, baby," he whispered.

"i love you, too," i whispered back. we kissed again then chanyeol wrapped his arms around me and we just hugged. i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

hope you guys enjoy this, i think it's kinda cute :)