comfort

this will be a chanbaek based imagine, so no big romance stuff will happen, just a warning.

i put my shoes on, sighing because i had to get out of my warm bed at 2 in the morning. chanyeol had called me just before, in tears because he'd had a fight with baekhyun and he needed me, and i couldn't find it in my heart to say no to my heartbroken best friend.

when i arrived at exo's dorm, i let myself in with my spare key, passing a sleeping baekhyun on the couch, who i guessed was there after his and chanyeol's fight, then made my way to chanbaek's room. i opened the door quietly to see a huge lump on chanyeol's bed that sounded like it was crying.

"yeol, honey, i'm here." i whispered. he lifted his head to look at me and i saw his tear stained cheeks.

"oh, baby, i'm so sorry."

i made my way over to him and climbed into his bed when he lifted the covers. he immediately pulled me into his arms, burying his face in my shoulder and crying.

"what happened?" i asked.

"b-baek and i g-got in a s-stupid fight b-because i w-wanted to cuddle a-and he didn't, t-then he c-called me annoying a-and clingy and h-he s-stormed out." he stuttered, not being able to stop crying.

"i'm sorry, yeol, i'm sorry." i rubbed his back soothingly as he cried into my shoulder.

"i d-don't think h-he loves me, (y/n)..." he whispered.

"what are you talking about, of course he loves you." i said.

"th-then why would h-he call me th-those things? h-he knows i-i'm insecure a-about how people f-find me. h-he pointed out wh-what i hate a-about myself." he sobbed.

"maybe he's just having a bad day, yeol. he's never not wanted to cuddle before, right?" he shook his head. "see? he loves you so much, i bet something else is bothering him and he just took it out on you. it wasn't the right thing to do, but sometimes it happens. i think you should just talk to him about this in the morning. everything will be okay."

he looked up at me and sighed slightly, sniffling right after.

"maybe i should just date you instead." he joked, chuckling a little.

"we both know that wouldn't work." i said. as much as i want to...

"i am bi, remember. it could work." he said.

"baby, you love baekhyun too much to date anyone else, and we both know this. just work things out with him." i said. he sat up, sighing again.

"you're right." he said. i gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and pulled away when the bedroom door opened. baekhyun walked in, a sad and guilty expression on his face.

"can i talk to chanyeol for a bit?" he asked.

"of course." i replied. i kissed chanyeol's cheek again then got out of his bed, rubbing baekhyun's shoulder as i left the room. the last thing i heard before i left the dorm was baekhyun's muffled "i love you", making me smile a little.

---------------------------------------------

the next morning, i woke up to a text from chanyeol that made me feel happy for him.

from: yeollie ❤️

baek and i made up. thank you, (y/n), i don't know what i would have done without you. i love you ❤️

i sent a quick congratulations back before sighing and flopping down on my bed. as much as i wish i was baekhyun, i'm glad chanyeol is happy.

this is kinda cute, i guess, i don't know 😂 hope you guys like it :)