discharged

when i woke up in the morning, the first thing i did was check my phone to see if i had any news about chanyeol. he got diagnosed with thyroid cancer about 6 months ago and has been in the hospital ever since. the boys and i have all been visiting him but it's been hard as we're all so busy. i really hope he gets to come home soon, i miss him.

i heard my phone start ringing so i jumped over to it, hoping to see chanyeol's mom's name, but sighed when it was just jongin.

"what?" i asked.
"i'm flattered that you're so happy to hear from me," he said.
"i was hoping it would be chanyeol's mom."
"speaking of chanyeol, we're going to see him today so if you're not busy, get ready and we'll come and get you."
"okay, sounds good."

i hung up and quickly got ready to go.

———————————————————————

i heard a car pull into my driveway so i picked up my things and made my way outside, locking my front door. i heard jongin call my name so i turned around and immediately dropped my keys when i saw chanyeol getting out of the car. he slowly made his way over to me and immediately pulled me into his arms.

"are you really here?" i asked.

"i am, baby," he replied, his voice raspier than it used to be, "they let me out, i'm cancer free."

i let out a shaky breath and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"oh my god, i'm so happy," i whispered. i pulled away so i could see him and moved my hands up to run through his re-growing hair.

"i've missed you so much," i said.

"i've missed you, too," he replied. i stood up on my toes and pressed my lips to his, smiling when he smiled into the kiss.

"let us in on this," baekhyun said. i chuckled and pulled away from chanyeol.

"you want a kiss?" i asked.

"hell yeah!"

chanyeol shook his head and pulled me closer into him.

"she's mine and i haven't seen her in a while so please leave us alone and let us catch up," he said. he took my hand and picked up my keys before taking me back inside. i said goodbye to the boys before chanyeol shut the door.

"i need a snuggle," he said. we went up to our room and laid down on the bed, snuggling up together.

"how are you feeling, babe?" i asked.

"i'm okay," he replied. "my throat aches and it's not fun to talk but i'm feeling okay."

"if it hurts to talk, then don't. let's just spend time together."

he nodded and buried his face in my neck.

"i'm so happy you're back, i was really worried i'd lose you. the boys have been really worried, too. a lot because of the fans but obviously they love you a lot and it's been hard on all of us. they're the only reason i managed to handle it, i knew we were experiencing the same thing. i can't even imagine what you've been through and i'm sorry i wasn't around much to help you. i love you."

i felt him kiss my neck then he sat up to look at me.

"i'm not going to pretend that what happened wasn't the scariest moment of my life and that it wasn't so bad, but you're the main reason i didn't give up. thinking about never getting to do this again, just lie here together like this, was absolutely horrible. i love you and i plan on spending the rest of my life with you."

he stopped talking for a second and reached into his pocket. when his hand emerged, i saw what looked like an engagement ring.

"i never want to have to think about not being with you forever again," he said. "it would make me the happiest man on earth if you agreed to become my wife and love me forever."

i grinned and nodded, pulling him down to kiss me.

"of course," i said. he slid the ring onto my finger and kissed me again. i'm so happy he's back.

idk about this one, it's kinda cute. hope you like it :)