eighteen

i heard the floor outside my bedroom door creak but i ignored it, knowing it was probably just someone walking past. i tried to fall back asleep but it was too late as someone climbed into bed with me and wrapped themselves around me.

"jongin, if that's you, i swear i'm going to rip your balls off and make you eat them," i threatened. i heard a deep chuckle and i then knew it was definitely not my brother.

"it's me, baby," chanyeol whispered. "but remind me never to make you angry, i quite enjoy my balls."

i rolled over in his arms and snuggled into his chest.

"why are you here?" i asked.

"because it's a very special day today."

"hmm?"

"you didn't forget, did you?"

"of course not... but how about you repeat it incase you did."

he laughed again and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"it's your 18th birthday, baby," he said. i grinned and mouthed around his neck.

"mm, so it is," i mumbled.

"so you should get up because i have stuff planned for us today."

i lifted my head to look at him, a smirk on my lips. "i bet i can guess what one of the things is."

"hey, you're finally legal and it's a big birthday, you know i'm taking advantage of that."

"i'm glad you waited like a nice boyfriend."

"i wasn't about to get arrested for being a pedophile."

i laughed. "you make it sound like you're 20 years older than me. it's only just over 7." (true)

he just smiled and rolled out of bed before holding his hand out to me.

"come on, jongin and the boys have presents ready downstairs," he said. i perked up those words and quickly joined him to go downstairs.

the boys sat me down on the couch and shoved presents at me from 8 different directions. i opened all of them and made sure to tell them how much i loved them.

when it got to chanyeol's present, he handed me a small box with a huge smile on his face.

"i hope you like it," he said. i tore open the wrapping paper and opened the box inside to see a white gold, garnet ring.

"oh chanyeol, it's beautiful..." i whispered. i kissed him gently and let him slide the ring on my right hand.

"only the prettiest ring for the prettiest girlfriend," he said. i rolled my eyes at his cheesy words but pulled him in for another kiss.

"okay, this is cute, but we have a busy day today so we better get moving," minseok said. baekhyun shoved me off the couch and led me up to my room so he could 'dress me nice for once' while the rest of the boys handled breakfast and planning.

———————————————————————

after a long, tiring, but amazing day of activities, chanyeol took me back home and we made our way to my room. i shut the door behind us and felt nervousness bubble in my stomach.

"are you okay, baby?" chanyeol asked, stroking my cheek.

"nervous," i replied.

"we don't have to, love. i'll wait," he said.

"no, i want to, i do, i just haven't done anything before."

he smiled and moved closer to kiss me.

"i'll take good care of you and make sure this is nothing but wonderful," he assured me. he pushed me to the bed and gently laid me down before climbing over me. he attached our lips again and i willed the butterflies in my stomach down so i could enjoy the feelings he was giving me.

it was 10pm before chanyeol and i were cuddled under the duvet together.

"thank you for an amazing birthday," i said.

"anything for you," he replied. "i love you."

"i love you more."

i cuddled into his side and fell asleep in his warm embrace. what a great eighteenth birthday.

just wrote this because yesterday was my 18th birthday and this would have been a great way to spend it 😂 hope you liked it!