Chapter Thirty-seven: A Passionate Farewell

A gust of cold wind suddenly passed by. Shivering, I immediately closed the zipper of my jacket before wrapping my arms around my body to protect myself from the irrational cold. Yes, irrational. Because February is about to end and yet it feels like December is just about to arrive. Thanks to global warming, the seasons began to mess up, even here in the Philippines.

I looked up to the sky.

Uulan kaya? I suddenly wonder while rubbing my palms together. For it really seems like it is abnormally cold tonight.

After, I took my phone out of my jacket's pocket to check the time.

6:49, the screen flashed.

Ang aga ko. I thought, chuckling to myself.

Ok. I guess I am just really too excited to see him again even though we just literally spent the whole day together yesterday.

A smile instantly graced my lips as the events of the previous day flashbacked in my mind. Until now, the thought of being Edward's girlfriend is still as surreal as it could ever be, whenever I am thinking about it. Maybe because I never would have imagine that this day will finally come, after such a long time of living in a world without him. Sure I have hoped for it, dreamt of it with a regretful heart for thousands of times, but it honestly never occured to me that I would still be able to acquire such a chance. It even makes me wonder what I did during my past life to deserve such a marvelous award.

It's gotta be bloody brilliant.

"Baka isa ako sa mga kabaro ni Gabriela Silang na nakipagdigma sa mga Espanyol noong unang panahon?" I mused to myself. Feeling utterly silly.

I inhaled deeply. That sensation as the cold air coursed  through my lungs is indeed surprisingly pleasant. Then, I took my bluetooth earphones out and decided to just listen to music while waiting for Edward.

A few songs already ended when I felt a pair of arms suddenly surrounded my waist and a slight weight pressed on my shoulder as warmth overlapped my back.

I smiled. What a back hug.

Then out of the blue, I felt the earpiece on my left ear gently being pulled out.

"And here I thought I would have the pleasure of lending you my jacket again Ms. Entrata." Edward whispered chuckling.

Giggling, I turned my head slighly to his direction then replied. "Well sorry to burst your bubble Mr. Barber."

"No worries, I'm actually glad you didn't forget it this time." He muttered while his chin stil pressing gently on my shoulder. I just noticed that his eyes are closed too.

Edward's face, it looks so content and peaceful.

"Aba syempre naman. Dalawang beses mo ba naman ako pagalitan eh. Of course I already learned my lesson." I faked a pout.

Edward laughed at my stint and gently pulled away. I muster all the self restraint that I could in order to not push myself inside his arms again though.

Thankfully I didn't have to try more than that because he quickly opened his arms and invite me for a bear hug after. I immediately gladly went of course.

"I've missed you." He whispered, his lips pressing lightly on my forehead.

"Hmmm grabe siya oh, isang araw pa lang naman tayong hindi nagkita ah." I replied teasingly.

We've got different schedules for today. I had taping for a talk show while he has a provincial mall show.

"That's the point, one whole day of not seeing you seriously equates to depresssion. I don't like it."