Chapter Forty-five: To Forever

Hala bakit namatay yung mga ilaw?

I thought a bit panicky then roamed my eyes all over the place. The other light decors did not went out so it probably means that the problem is localized within the main lights' circuit only. But with the current situation, one can only make of things through the illumination of those supplementary lighting accesories and those lighted candles in every table centerpieces. In all fairness, the aura of the place became more beautiful with only such things though. Much more romantic than how it orginally was I must say.

I can't help but smile a little as the thought suddenly strucked me. Somehow I kind of expecting that some sweet music would play out of nowhere and the scene would be a perfect portrayal of a Hollywood cliche wedding proposal already.

I shook my head at the grandeur of the imagery inside my head.

"Kung anu-ano na naman iniisip mo Maydale. Nabuang man!" I whispered to myself.

With that, I stood up and decided to just look for the staffs to inquire about the problem but before I could even step out of our table, something pleasant and surprising resonated to my ears. My eyes widened as my mouth automatically formed an exaggerated 'o' after I realized what it is.

It was a violin. A freaking violin solo started playing out of nowhere. And what was even more astonishing is the fact that the song currently playing is none other than 'Baliw'. The first ever song that I composed inside the PBB house which became a huge hit in the Philippines way back.

Shocked, I turned to the bar, eager to find at least one person who could possibly explain to me what is happening but instead, I only came upon another surprise yet.

"Nang makita kita....napangiti mo na ako ohhhh....
At nang lumapit ka sinabi mo na gusto mo rin ako...."

Edward came out singing, with the violinist following behind his back. On his hands is a bouquet of beautiful flowers. It doesn't take that much to guess who those are for.

Paano siya napunta sa counter eh nakita ko siyang lumabas kanina sa main door? I asked myself n amazement.

"At ngayon gusto kong sabihin sayo ang nararamdaman kong ito...
Na ikaw ang nilalaman ng aking puso...."

I can hear his voice quivering as he went to start bridging the distance in between us. A huge but somewhat nervous smile is gracing his lips too. But even so, no one can deny the overflowing emotion that is currently showing in his eyes. Those beautiful eyes that are staring directly at me with so much love at this very moment.

With that I returned the favor and smiled as well.

He continued walking towards me. This time purposedly unsinging the chorus part of the song (I think) and just letting the sound of the violin please the listening ears. Until moments later, we finally came face to face with each other. By then, he decided to continued where he had left the song earlier.

"Baliw na baliw ako sa'yo aking sinta o Maymay aking prinsesa...
Gusto na gusto kita...."

He sung those part in a whisper like tone, as if telling me that it was for me and me alone. The whole while he never break an eye contact too. Even if when he had to put down that bouquet he's holding on the table. And when his hands were finally free, he took both of mine and enclosed them inside his.

"Baliw na baliw ako sa'yo aking sinta O Maymay aking prinsesa."  He sings.

Edward pulled something out from his coat's side pocket before throwing out the remaining lyrics.

"Masasabi ko sa'yo na mahal na mahal kita...."

Though to my surprise, that last line wasn't exactly the original but a reprise.