Chapter Thirty-six: Fading

"Hay sa wakas natapos din." Jimboy yawned then stretched his arms up when he finally finished typing the contract that he and the client he met earlier agreed upon.

A bit lazily, he stood up from his desk and turns off Maymay's laptop. He borrowed hers to use because his own laptop is currently being repaired on a service center, and is scheduled for pick up not until after tomorrow.

Actually his cousin doesn't know that he's borrowing her laptop yet but he figured that he could just tell her later when she comes home, since he can't contact her phone at the moment. Maymay went out with Edward that day so nobody is going to use the laptop anyway. And besides, he knows that she is not the type to get angry for those sorts of things because his cousin is never the selfish type. If she is like that, he won't even dare touch it without permission of course.

After shutting the device down, he went back to Maymay's room to return it, mentally noting to copy the file that he made later because he doesn't have his flashdrive with him at the moment. He forgot where he placed it earlier and so he still has to search for it later.

He entered her room and was about to open Maymay's cabinet when all of a sudden, something from his periphery caught his attention. It was like a brief flashing of light that came from the direction where Maymay's bed is positioned. On instinct he turned his head to check on it. His heartbeat raced a little upon realizing that there's isn't anything suspicious in the place.

Hala minumulto ba ako? A thought striked him, shaking his head at the same time at its silliness though.

He waved his hand, deciding to ignore what happened all along. But when he is about to turn around though, a glow flashed once again and this time he witnessed it with his very own eyes.

Apparently it came from a single flower that is neatly tucked inside a beautiful vase, placed on his cousin's bedside table.

Startled Jimboy scratched his eyes a bit harshly with the back of his palms to make sure that he's not dreaming or anything. After, he looked at the flower again. He didn't see the light that he saw earlier anymore.

Strange. He thought.

With that Jimboy beckoned to have a closer look at it. He stopped exactly in front if the table and picked up the whole vase to examine the flower. His forehead creased at what he saw.

"Huh?"

There present is a beautiful and fresh looking single stem white rose. But what caught his interest is those two petals situated on the rose's very base which are completely lilac in color. They are very noticeacle against the pale, white complexion of the rest of the flower.

"Bakit ganito?" He asked himself.

He continued to twirl the vase in his hand, eagerly figuring out what's with the case.

"Ahh baka artificial chemicals." After a while he mused. "Tsk kung anu-ano ng naiimbentong kawirduhan ngayon. Baka yun din yung umilaw na nakita ko kanina."

He sighed then shook his head at his own epiphany, obviously relieved at the fact that it wasn't a ghost or anything bizarre as what he had thought initially.
With that he then decided to put the back the vase on the table and then turned around. He switched off the lights first before finally exiting the room.

But little did he know that right at the moment he had closed the door, something flouresced inside the room once more. It is that rose. It glowed again as one of its two remaining lilac colored petals magically turned white with no known apparent reason.