Chapter Twenty-two: Trouble Again

"Mini flashlight, toiletries, undies...complete!" I said in satisfaction after I ran a one last checking of the backpack that I am going to bring tomorrow at Zambales.

Seeing that everything is in there already I proceeded to zip it tightly. "Ok. I'm all set." Then, I put it on top of the chair at my bedside.

I positioned myself in bed to sleep. Today has been very exhausting for me even though I just literally stayed here inside the condo unit all throughout the day. Well it is because I've spent almost all of my freetime surfing the internet and reading lots and lots of articles regarding the Supreme Druid, time travel, parallel worlds and legends about the lilac rose, hoping to find some more of the clues that I needed. But in the end, all of my earlier efforts still ended up futile since I haven't even found anything that could make any progress regarding my investigation.

I sighed then turned my body towards right.

"Sarap sana kung sumama na lang kami kina Edward kanina." I muttered softly to myself after.

The Barbers went out earlier this morning to watch a movie as another family bonding since Laura and Tito Kevin wouldn't be here in the Philippines for that long. And as usual they have decided to invite me, Kuya Jimboy and Mama Ludy again. But this time I refused. Why? Well aside from the fact that they've already invited and treated us lunch and dinner yesterday, I don't want us to be a nuissance again to their quality time as a family this time around. I think that that would be too much already. And I would never ever dare abuse the Barber family's kindness even a bit and in anyway. Not on my world and not on this world. They are just too precious for me to do such trashy act.

Even so, I still can't help picturing myself with them in a scenario just like of that earlier. If only I have said what I truly felt about him back then, if only that horrendous incident didn't happened 13 years ago, then it would have been perfect. Me, an official member of the Barber family as Edward's.....

No! Don't go there Marydale. Not again! I immediately hushed myself.

Forcing away that venomous thought from my head, I turned towards my left side this time and tried to think of other things as distraction instead. Then I came up with the belongings that I already packed for tomorrow's trip, as well as those that I might still possibly forgot to prepare.

Admist of thinking, my eyes casually went on my dresser where I hanged the clothes that I plan to wear during tomorrow's travel and that's when it hit me! When I saw a jacket hanged, I remember that I forgot to bring an extra one.

With that I stood up and dig in to my closet to find another jacket. I have quite a number of them (couple jackets with Edward actually) since it seemed to be one of the most favorite things to gift by the fans.

Inside, I flip one after another, searching for a suited jacket that would appropriately fit to the not so cold mountain weather during summer. Not too thick and not too thin.

I went on and on with the flipping until finally, I found the one what I think I was looking for. It was a royal blue varsity styled jacket with yellow gold linings on its edges. On the back, my nickname 'MAYMAY' is masterfully embroidered in bold capital letters while in front, specifically on the left chest side, are the initials MW. Both done in the same yellow gold thread as well.

I took it out, folded it and squized it inside my already almost full backpack. Thank goodness it still fit though.

Come to think of it. Now I remember that someone already specifically told me to bring a jacket for this Nagsasa trip. Although that person mentioned it in a joking way anyway. It was Lorenz Arrieta. He mentioned it yesterday at our Star Magic short meeting with Sir Allan. It totally slipped out of my mind already.