Chapter Twenty-nine: Over That Neapolitan

I randomly flipped through the channels of the TV in front. Today is a rare 'no showbiz' Sunday for me but here I am, just lazily lying on the couch at my sister's condo unit.

Great.

It's actually funny how I continuously prayed for a day off like this one and yet now, just ironically ended up with nothing better to do in my plate. As in nothing at all.

Normally at times like this, the usual me would immediately make some random 'one day' plans that involve hikes, swims, a few drinks and a couple of friends (no matter how haste the preparations maybe) but now, errr I don't know. It's just that in the past few days it seemed like I haven't got much of motivation to do things in general. I just feel so sluggish and slow and bored and lazy all day long.

Hmnn oh well actually the 'I don't know' part is not entirely true though. I think I am perfectly aware of what I am experiencing at the moment.

A hearbreak.

An awkward snort automatically came out of me at the thought.

Yep that's about right. That's exactly the reason behind all of my inner dramas lately. But in all fairness I am honestly doing my best to not dwell on it that much.

I sighed and continued my aimless pressing of the remote buttons.

Well for the record, I am not totally pathetic since I tried making some impromptu plans by inviting people to watch movies today. Unfortunately though, no one's available. Ralph and Judy said they will go out with their own families while my parents are currently in an out of the country business trip.
Basically that's the reason why I ended up coming here instead. I thought that I could pursuade my sister (the only option left) to spend the day with a movie marathon. But it turns out that today is just really not my lucky day because apparently, she's also not available. She has a dinner date with a guy whom she met at one of our family's social functions. His name is Karl Marzan, a man who turns out to be the heir to the one of the most prominent shipping businesses in the country.

So to cut it short I am going to be left behind, sulking and all, all alone by myself  here. But I do get it. It's my own fault anyway for not giving her prior notice upon my arrival.

I jerked up a little as I suddenly felt a sting on my right index finger. I checked it out and that's when I realized that I have been staring at the TV blankly for a while already and still aimlessly flipping through the channels.

"Hoy Renz pwede ba wag mo nga pagdiskitahan yang remote ko. Masira yan eh! FYI ah kabibili ko lang ng entertainment set na yan. Please lang wag mong binyagan."

My head turned towards the direction where that voice came from. It was Ate Cari who just came out of the bathroom. She is still on her bathrobe with dripping wet hair and yet she's already tackling her phone like crazy.

Seriously? I thought incredulously.

"Ate could you at least make yourself decent first before that. Ano adik lang?" I mused then pointed her phone. It came out sounding as if I am bored but in actuality it was meant to be sarcastic.

My sister's head jerked up at my direction for a second in response. "Shut up. Don't destroy my remote you monkey." She hissed then sticked her tounge out.

I chuckled. What a child geez!

Sometimes I honestly wonder who's older between the two of us.

"Hey Renz na sa'yo pa yung picture namin ni Maymay together? Yung sa Mont Blanc?" She asked suddenly. Her eyes back on her phone once again.

I frowned. The question literally came in out of nowhere.

"Yeah I think so. Why?" I curiously replied.