Chapter Seventeen: Choices

"Edward!" I croaked. The only word that I was able to utter out of surprise.

My heart started to thump erratically. My palms and forehead started to sweat as well.

Did he see? Did he see it? What that stupid Lorenz just did? Nakita niya kaya? I frantically asked myself in silence.

Well most probably, yeah. I think Edward already witnessed all of it anyway. Based on what Lorenz said earlier regarding the 'sundo' and judging by the painted expression on Edward's face at the moment, (he looks like he's about to devour a whole human being any minute now by the way) I have a strong feeling about it. He must definitely saw the hug and the kissing feat.

Paktay na!

"Huy...ahm...uhh..nandyan ka na pala! Ahmm tara na! Baka naghihintay na si Tita Cathy sa baba." I followed hastily when he didn't say anything in response.

Obviously I am trying my best to avoid the topic here. Why? Well because I have no freaking idea how to explain what just happened earlier between Lorenz and I. If in case it is really his issue anyway. That crazy guy just did what he did out of the blue and so I didn't have any time to react neither before and after any longer. I was in a complete state of shock up until the moment that I saw Edward.

How am I supposed to explain something like that right?

Still without a word he just continued to stare, nope, glare at me and so I repeated "Tara na!" Then mustered to turn around.

And that's when I heared him speak at last.

"Wait. Let's talk." He said those words in a very commanding manner though.

I am dead.

He is mad. I am 100% sure of it now.

"Huh? Ah bakit? Ano yun?" I asked him back nervously.

Actually I don't really understand myself as well. I am feeling so guilty and nervous right now while technically I didn't even do anything wrong in the first place. It's not like he's my boyfriend or something.

Yeah right. I thought bitterly.

"I told you to wait for me inside. But you didn't." Edward expression didn't lighten even a bit.

"Ahhh ano kasi...ano...ahm nasi-CR na din kasi talaga ko kanina eh so ahm nauna na lang ako. Tutal kausap mo pa naman si Heaven eh. Yun." Thank goodness I managed to babble an instant lie while averting my gaze from his face at the same time.

Darn it stop stuttering will you! Get a grip Mary Dale! I spat mentally at myself.

"CR or a meeting with that guy Lorenz?"

My eyes automatically flew back on Edward's face as soon as those words escaped from his mouth. The way he said it seemed kind of forceful. Like he really is supressing his massive anger at the moment. The feeling of nervousness immediately doubled inside me because of that.

However in another corner of my mind a totally different course of thought is starting to sprung admist of all my inner tension. With all those signs that he is showing, my ever so assuming heart inevitably came up with a questioned epiphany once again.

Is he jealous? Is he actually jealous of Lorenz because of what happened earlier?

My already overworked heart just went even crazier as those thoughts started to swarm inside my mind. I wouldn't even be surprised if it suddenly just stop beating any moment now, given the length of time that it is already acting abnormally all this while.