Chapter Twenty-four: His Promise

Ok kalma May, kalma.....kalma.....kalma....... I tried to convince myself but in reality, I am already in the verge of crying.

Why, I am in the middle of nowhere for crying out loud!

Slowly I looked around me. Fear automatically striked my body as soon as my eyes fell upon those big, creepy looking trees which basically surrounds the spot where I stand at the moment. And when I say creepy, it means they are really creepy; that they kind of remind me of those freaky looking trees in haunted forests that I used to watch in cartoons when I was still a child. Except that the scale is quite more realistic this time. Which only makes everything a whole lot worse.

Suddenly a cold, strong gust of wind passed by. Inevitably, I saw those tree leaves sashay along with that wind which to me, only makes them look more creepy than they already are. It's as if  they are saying hi to me.

I shivered. I quickly averted my eyes from those objects in fear that I might start seeing things that I shouldn't because of the course that my imagination is sailing through right at this moment. Instead, I looked ahead in front of me, at the trail where I thought the girl went through earlier; in where I saw those lilac roses.

But wait.....wait a minute....what? I exclaimed mentally as I instantly noticed something bizarre at the scene.

The lilac roses, they were all gone! The trail is completely emptied of them now.

A while ago I was just picking those roses up one by one and then suddenly they all disappeared just like that?

What the heck is happening?

My body shivered one more time as I felt more goosebumps graced my skin at that fact.

With that I instinctively looked at the roses in my hands. Those that I managed to picked up earlier. But then what I saw almost made me passed out right there and then though. Because in my hands there are no lilac roses anymore. What in there instead is a pair of thin, dried looking twigs that I have no idea where from.

On reflex I threw them away. They landed in the middle of that visible trail, almost a meter in distance from where I stood exactly.

Juskolord!

I swallowed hard to hold a sob that is threatening to escape from my lips. Dread is slowly seeping its way through every fiber of my being because of these simultaneous discoveries, numbing me from all my senses.

Where am I? Where am I? Where the heck am I? I frantically chanted inside my mind.

I wanted to scream for help. I wanted to scream out loud so that someone could hear me and take my out from this nightmarish situation but I just can't do it. Actually I am afraid to do it. I am afraid that if a screamed out for help, something bad will come into me instead. Especially when the darkness is now started to eat up the whole place as the last rays of sunlight disappeared to the seas.

I shook my head. Kalma May, kalma.....I thought to myself once again.

Now is not the time to succumb into panic. What I must do instead is to logically think of ways on how I can come back to where my friends are at the moment. But in order to do that I must calm my nerves and compose myself first. I can't possibly pull myself from this ridiculous situation if my line of thinking stayed in haywire.

And so I took a deep breathe, in and out, in and out...as I tried to shake away the fear and panic from my system.

I continue doing the exercise for a few more minutues until I can finally feel my mind easing up bit by bit. Now more relaxed, I can think.