Chapter Seven: Amidst of Confusion

"Hay salamat natapos din." I muttered to myself as I put those last batch of clothes inside my luggage.

Tomorrow morning I have a flight scheduled back to Camiguin. I will be travelling alone since Mama Ludy already went ahead of me exactly a week ago now. As expected, I will be spending Christmas and New Year on my hometown together with my family and friends. But to be honest, I am actually having mixed feelings about this trip right now.

Of course I wanted to see all of them again. Those people who have been a vital part in molding the person who I am today. Those people whom I truly cherish. Those who stayed with me all through this time and I know that will still continue to stay no matter what happens- my family my best friend my one and only sibling, Kuya Vincent.

In my world Vincent and I rarely see each other anymore. We just talk over the phone sometimes because he's always busy with his own business and his beloved family while on the other hand I am travelling all over the world for work as well. I really miss him and the idea of seeing my brother's younger version once again, that carefree Vincent, makes me so thrilled.

And of course above all those whom I just mentioned, there she is, my dearest Mama Ludy. When I first met her in this world I burst into tears and hugged her so tight in an instant. I can't believe that the woman who raised me, the woman who has always been a mother figure to me is there in front and materializing in my arms once again after such a long time. Imagine the joy that I felt especially that there's this fact that in my world she's not around anymore. She died when I was 25 years old due to old age. She went through her sleep peacefully, not experiencing any kind of pain or discomfort anymore in which I am truly grateful for.

So now the very fact that I was given a chance to be with her and celebrate those wonderful holidays together once again is definitely a dream come true in itself. I feel like I couldn't ask for more.

My Mama Ludy, my Kuya Vincent and all those people back in Camiguin, I would love to spend more time with them again, chat and laugh endlessly with them, eat delicious food with them and tirelessly sing in a videoke machine together just like how we used to do before, because in all honesty, during my whole 32 years of existence, those moments are definitely some of the best, if not the best, things that I have ever experienced.

But right now I am not sure on how can I possibly react to everything since this is all just a repeat. It feels really weird since I already knew what will happened next. The meet and greets, the holiday parties and celebrations, all of those just seem so surreal. Everything will be exactly the same as that of 13 years ago unless I make some changes with my decisions that could possibly cause some alterations to the future. A thing that I am perfectly aware that I shouldn't do in any way and so naturally, I have to be very very careful with my actions.

Also, another imoortant concern is that I don't think I can't find any information regarding the Supreme Druid in there. Going back to Camiguin will just obviously delay my research for a possible way to leave this world

If only I got to talk to that woman yesterday. A deep sigh escaped from my lips upon remembering that wasted opportunity.

Yesterday I almost had her. But all of a sudden, just like magic, she just vanished behind those thick dark green vines as if she just entered some kind of invisible door or something. I tried to check it over and over when the three of us went back to that garden but still, I haven't found an entrance or anything of such sort at all. Behind those vines are just thick cemented, solid walls which serves as a boundary for that property and the property adjacent to it. Just exactly the same as what I saw the first time I looked.

Even the identity of the mysterious woman is seemed to have been erased from Kisses' memory as well. When we got back, what we saw is a man wearing an obvious gardener's outfit too who was then studiously tending to the plants. We approached him and then asked about the mysterious woman gardener who was in that place earlier that day. But as soon as I mentioned it, his face countoured with an expression of confusion. He then told me that there is no one else working in there as a gardener apart from himself and that maybe I just mistook some visitor as a worker.