Chapter Forty-four: The Supreme Druid

"Here babe." Like a gentleman that he is, Edward mustered me to sit on the chair that he just pulled out of the table.

"Thanks hon." I replied in a sweet tone then quickly beckoned. While he on the other hand, proceeded to settle on the seat in front.

After, I looked around the whole place.

"Himala ah. Wala yatang gaanong tao dito ngayon. Considering that it's a Saturday." I commented. Then my eyes automatically went on the couple sitting several tables away from ours. "Aapat lang tayong customer oh!"

Edward followed my gaze.

"Look at those two." I pointed at the couple via pout. "Mukhang paalis na rin sila. Kapag walang bagong dumating, tayong dalawa na lang talaga ang matitira." I added with an amused giggle.

Edward leaned forward towards me. "Ayaw mo nun? We can have the whole place for ourselves then. Walang istorbo." He whispered wih matching wink.

"Buang!" I laughed, flirtatiously hitting him in the arm. Eventually he joined in too.

Currently we are here at Mely's- our favorite Filipino go to restaurant whenever we are here in Berlin (or so I've been told bacause I wouldn't have possibly known that fact just by myself given the current circumstance) and in all fairness, I genuinely liked it here. The food, the place and the people are nothing but amazing.

Three weeks have already passed since I was released from the hospital and ever since, true to his promise, Edward never even once left my side. That's actually the reason why I am even here with him in Germany at the moment in the first place. He insisted on bringing me along because apparently, he has to stay for a whole month. Tito Kevin asked him to temporarily manage their family business here while he and Tita Cathy are on a vacation.

To be honest, I never expected the whole recovery period to be as smooth as how it happened. And I guess I have no one to thank that for but Edward himself. The whole while, he was very considerate of me and all of my needs in every little aspect. Most especially, when it comes to sentimental matters like asking questions about my past.

It is no secret to me that he is immensely curious about the life that I had before I end up in this realm and yet, he never even mentioned anything that might steer the conversation to that direction, since that day when he found out about everything. All along, he was being considerate because he knew (even though I am not really saying it out loud) that I am still reluctant to talk about it.

Well, it's not that I intentionally want to be secretive though but right now, talking about it just makes me more anxious regarding our current situation. Truthfully, I want to avoid the topic as much as possible and just enjoy whatever Edward and I have at the moment instead. Because after all, no one knows for sure how long this will last anyway. So I don't want to waste my precious time dwelling on those worries and just be happy with him for as long as I could. I know that it sounded so selfish but I don't really care anymore. If this is indeed my last chance, I don't want to have anything to regret for.

But you see, even though I am obviously being such a child over this, Edward's take on the matter was the exact opposite on the other hand. He was still kind enough to answer all my questions regarding those things that I missed in this world and that's another thing that I am truly grateful about. He did that unselfishly, even though I clearly wasn't able to reciprocate the favor as of now.

Like for example, when I asked him about the motorcycle accident that I've been into before, he casually provided me with everything that he knows. Apparently, it happened while I was back riding with Kuya Jimboy while we are on our way to my taping's set location on that exact same day (his departure to Germany). When I inquired how on earth did my cousin and I end up riding the motorbike instead of using our service van, he explained that it was a mutual agreement between me and Kuya to avoid being late because of the heavy traffic that day. That excuse automatically made me laugh when I first heared it though. Thankfully, both of us didn't get seriously injured in the end.