Chapter Thirty-eight: Departures

With a tired sigh, I laid my back flat on the bed. I know that it is still early but I feel like I have been working for the whole day already. The photoshoot for my brand new endorsement took longer to finish than I expected. Plus there's the interview as well.

I glanced at the clock on my bedside table.

Only 2:30 in the afternoon. I groaned in frustration.

Sana gabi na!

I desperately wished, while actually considering the idea of ditching my last engagement for today.

I rolled over and covered my face with a pillow and vent against the fluffy thing.  "Argh! Gusto ko nang matulog!"

When all of a sudden, my phone started ringing. With another groan, I picked it up and answer.

"Hello?"

"Hello May!" On the other line is Kuya Jimboy.

Despite everything I chuckled. Grabe ah nasa baba lang siya ah! Tumawag oa talaga!

"Hoy May ano na? Bakit tatawa-tawa ka dyan? Bumaba ka na dito ngayon na. Nakaluto na ko kaya kumain ka na. Bilisan mo at baka ma-late tayo sa taping mo." He said.

I sighed then slumped back on the bed. "Ok Kuya. 5 minutes."

"Tsk ok sige basta bilisan mo ah. Mukhang masungit pa naman direktor mo mamaya."

"Ok."

"Bye." That's all then he finally cut the line.

I tossed my phone on the side and stared blankly at the ceiling. In times like these, when I'm all alone in a quiet and serene atmosphere, my mind just automatically goes thinking about one specific person, a habit that I acquired even before coming to this place actually.

Thinking of him and only him, my dearest Edward.

By now, he is probably on his second flight already. The Barbers are supposed to land in Abu Dhabi at 10:00AM earlier for a lay over, then board a connecting plane to Berlin by 12:00PM.

I sighed.

I am not going to lie. Thinking of him right now is giving me quite a stress, that I am suddenly feeling kind of thankful for being busy, as it distracted me from being dead worried regarding his departure today. It's just that I can't help it. Even though I perfectly knew that there are no more reasons left for me to feel that way anymore in the first place.

Many things have been altered already from the original set up that transpired on my world. First is the exact date of Edward's departure. It was supposed to be two days ago, February 22, 2018 but I managed to persuade him to move it today, February 24, 2018 instead. This means that he wasn't going to get on board on that specific plane that crashed in the Mediterranean seas two days ago. Second, he is travelling with his parents now and not with his cousin Lance. And third, the Barbers chose to book a connecting flight to Berlin with a two hour lay over in Abu Dhabi, instead of a direct one, which was Edward's choice way back.

I inhaled deeply. "Yes, there are no reasons to be worried anymore May. Relax. Everything is going to be fine now." I told myself.

But then suddenly, a thought strucked in my head like a bolt of angry lighting.

Wait? Wait a second.....

I stood up. My heart started to pound hard against my rib cage.

Why didn't I check it earlier?

With trembling hands, I looked for my phone, quickly connected it to our WiFi connection then clicked the google icon.

February 22, 2018 plane crash. I typed in the keypad.