Chapter Twenty-eight: Throwing Up The White Flag

I looked at my own reflection in the mirror.

I can't believe that I am hiding at this place!

Well actually it's not like I have any other choice though. The women's C.R. in the farthest end of this floor is the only place where that monkey can't possibly find and pester me.

It has been two days already since I went with the Barbers and the Arrietas at Mont Blanc Cafe which totally changed my relationship towards this one person whom I considered as a friend and one of my greatest blessing in this world- Lorenz. Since his unexpected confession, everything in between us turned awkward now.

Well mostly for me I guess.

Suddenly, I remembered what exactly had trigger that unexpected revelation.

I knew it! I shouldn't have used that card as diversion! Bakit ba kasi eh Argh!

I should have known better. I have already suspected it in the first place. That he has those kinds of feelings for me but never did it cross my mind nor I assumed that he's serious about it. That's why I was totally caught off guard when he confessed. I am just thankful that admist of all, fate is still merciful and provided me an escape from that awkward situation.

Flashback, two days ago at Mont Blanc Cafe.

"Yes. I do. I like her not just as a friend but as a girl. In fact I like her very much." Lorenz stated nonchalantly with a shrug.

All of us seemed to look like a fish who just got out of the water on that instant. But only with different facial expressions.

Then dead silence.

After that pause, it was Lorenz's sister who broke the ice again. But not before taking a sip of her coffee.

"Really? Wow this is news Renz! So considering those antics that Maymay mentioned earlier, are you courting her already?" Ate Cari's face literally lit up as she threw that question in.

So much for not knowing eh? I thought sarcastically and a little bit irritatedly as well I guess.

She already knew. That reaction is nothing but a total giveaway.

I opened my mouth to speak, rather to deny it but then Lorenz got on it before me.

"No, not yet. Not directly I mean. But I might officially start today since the cat's already out of the bag anyway." He said calmly.

Then he casually lifted his mug and took a sip of his latte.

Inside my mind however, there is a havoc already.

How can he stay all calm and casual in a situation like this? It's crazy!

I turned my head and glanced at the Barbers. By the looks of it, I think both of them still haven't got the hang of what just happened. Laura's still staring nope, gaping at us with lips slightly ajar while Edward is still wearing his poker face at that very moment. That I am actually starting to get anxious by his lack of response regarding all this.

He's in shock alright but it's not that he's affected or something.

At least to me.

You are JUST his friend remember? Yeah that's right. So dont expect anything beyond your own little fantasies please. My face slowly fell as I suddenly heared that cruel voice at the back of my head.

"Well what can I say? Best of luck with......." But Ate Cari's words soon halted as her cellphone suddenly started ringing.

There's 104 days of summer vacation