Chapter Twenty-three: The Local

I looked to and fro in between Edward and Lorenz. The situation looks kinda odd yet actually comic. It seemed like it was cut from one of the scenes of our upcoming TV show in where the three of us will be entangled in a teensy love traingle except that this is the reality. And the triangle thingy is anything but romantic.

Or isn't it really?

I shook my head. Now is not the time to think about such ridiculous epiphanies. At the moment, what I must do is to distance these two apart from each other's reach and calm the heck out of their nerves.

Tsss.

Really I just don't get where all these mutual dislike came from anyway. Come to think of it, even from the very first time these two met at that look test, sparks of hostile tension already flared in the atmosphere, as far as Edward and Lorenz are concerned. And it is still a mystery to me up to this very moment as to why though.

Well actually, I think I pretty much have an idea or two regarding that reason but I'd rather not consider since well, because they are just completely ridiculous. I guess.

I swallowed a little then fixed my eyes on Edward.

"Err Edward?" I called, not really sure what to say to him though. It's just my way to distract him because he seriously looks like he's about to smack Lorenz's irritating smirking face any moment now.

Thank goodness he looked back.

"Ahm Edward let's g.........." I started telling him but I immediately halted in midsentence.

Because.....

"EDWAAAARDO!"

My voice was suddenly drowned by the giddy giggly extra girlish voice of Heaven who called out Edward's name like as if she's cheering him in a football match or sort. Apparently she's approaching our party too now.

At Edwardo pa talaga ah? Hmp!

I can feel the irritation stirring inside me by the thought of her still using that nickname that I gave him in a way like it belong to hers.

Feeling ni teh wagas eh! Kung maka-tawag.....OA! Eww. Obviously I'm embittered.

"Edward." Heaven repeated as soon as reached us. She quickly positioned herself next to Edward.

Then in a crystal clear flirtation attempt, she bats her eyes at him and said. "Magka-group pala tayo. Nice."

"Tsk" I mouthed softly while rolling my eyes away from that scene. I just can't take it.

In my peripheral vision though, I saw Lorenz quickly turned his head at my direction.

Did he see what I did? I asked myself.

Well not that it really matters anyway. If indeed he saw me making the bitch face, then so be it. He can't think of me in whatever way he wants for all I care.

Because right now all I am concerned about is how to get away from this eyesore of a scene that is laid in front of me.

"Yeah." Edward simply agreed to Heaven afterwards.

Just like a salt to my injury.

At nag-yeah ka pa talaga ah! Magsakama kayo! Tsss.

"Ang galing noh? Halos puro PBB babies tayong talents sa van natin." Heaven told Edward. Then she directed her gaze to me and said. "Sayang Ate May wala kayo dun. Kayo na lang nina Yong at Christian ang kulang kumpleto na sana tayo."

Heaven uttered that last statement sounding so disappointed but heck I am not fooled. Deep inside, I am 101% sure that the witch is celebrating because of the chance she got to spend most of the time with Edward during this trip.