Chapter Thirty-one: Fairytale-like

Wow.

I always believe that I was a real ugly duckling way back when I was still starting my career in Philippine showbusiness, and only was able to hit puberty properly when I finally stepped into the international modelling arena. However right at this moment, I admit that that belief has been somewhat swayed a bit because of the girl that is staring at me from the mirror in front right now.

She looks beautiful. Absolutely dazzling.

Adorned by an elegant crystal embelished white ball gown made by the famous Mark Bumgarner plus the remakable styling of no less than Team Rain×Em, my 19 year-old self certainly appears expensive and very 'hollywood-ish' tonight. I wonder why I haven't appreciated all of this that much the first time though.

I turned around and peaked at my back, making the skirt of my gown twirl beautifully along with the movement. A few girlish giggles escaped my lips. Silly but the act makes me feel giddy. Well maybe because everything just seems so perfect at this moment. The ball and the dress, they're enough to make one feels like a royalty and I, am no exception to it. Truthfully, it actually makes me think that I am a real princess who is about to attend her dashing prince charming's party, just like one of those in a classic fairytale scenes which I have always secretly dreamed of becoming a reality since childhood.

Grinning from ear to ear still, I twirled around one more time. Exactly at the same moment though, my bestfriend/PA Patricia suddenly came and saw me. I was too engaged with my fantasy that I didn't even hear her entering the room, Geez.

I automatically froze in my place, not sure how to react though.

After a few seconds, all flustered now, I slowly looked up to see her face, but only to immediately abandon the deed when I got a momentary glimpse of that annoying, knowing and teasing expression of hers.

I groaned inwardly. Internally brutalizing myself at the fact that I just stupidly let my bestfriend catch me doing something really stupid.

Great. Just great.

Completely exposed now, I knew that denying will only be futile and so I decided to just jump into my usual emergency plan when it comes to such situations. It's called 'The Diversion'.

And so I cleared my throat to start.

"Ahm ready na ba sila? Alis na ba tayo?" I asked, intended on being nonchalant.

Pat didn't answer that question and moved to a farther argument instead. "Gandara ng BFF ko oh! Ganda ng gown. Grabe pak na pak!"

"Ahm err thanks. Oo nga eh galing nga ni sir Mark eh." With a few new creases on my forhead now, I forced an enthusiastic chuckle.

Really? Just like that she let it pass? I can't believe it!

Although still in doubt, I was beginning to relax a bit with what she said when suddenly she finally spout the bomb.

"Kaya pala feel na feel mo beshy! Nag-iikot ka pa dyan sa harap ng salamin eh. Yiiieee." Cooed my ever so annoying BFF.

Right there and then, I knew that I wouldn't get off the hook that easily because well, she just wouldn't let me.

With that, my face turned way even hotter than how it was earlier.

Argh! Damn naivety!

I let out an irritating sigh. "Oo na sige na. Huli na kung huli. Pero please pwede ba wag mo na kong tuksuhin. Nagpapawis na tuloy kili-kili ko eh." I pointed at my right armpit to emphasize my point.

Pat just gave me a very unladylike kind of laughter at that stint though.

"Homaygad oo nga! Hahaha" She exclaimed in between. I joined in eventually.