Chapter Thirty-four: The Date

I carefully settled on one of the seats located at the most right column inside the room. The modules that I brought, I put on top of the chair beside me in order to save it for Edward, whom I expect to be arriving a bit late because of his Tagalog classes.

Edward. I smiled in kilig as the name echoed in my mind.

It has already been three months since that sweet love confession of him and frankly, up until today, my system couldn't get over it yet.

Every single day for the past three months, I woke up extremely elated and always had this huge grin on my face, which will probably look totally idiotic in my very own eyes given a different circumstance to be honest.

Except that I am really not an idiot. Just in love.

In love. Ah what a giddy feeling.

"Ay bushak!" My daydreaming suddenly went into an abrupt halt as I saw someone's face suddenly popped in front me, almost knocking me off of my seat. Thankfully though, I got the hang of it at the very last minute.

The perpetrator however, did nothing but bark a monstrous set of laughter at my almost misfortune. As always.

"Lorenz!!!" I squealed in an abnormally high pitch tone as I tried to straightened my still slanted seat. Only to notice that he has been supporting my chair all along with his left arm so it won't fall badly. The enemy basically saved me too.

"Ano ba, bakit ka ba nangugulat? Anong gusto mo headbat?" I irritatedly spat. This time, I managed to succesfully landed the feet of my chair flat on the ground because the monkey finally put off his hold on it.

He just answered with guffaws. Well what's new?

"Forceful awakening. Akala ko kasi kung napapano ka na dyan eh. Ngiting-ngiti ka mag-isa. Mukhang sinasapian lang pramis." He raised his right hand midair for emphasis.

"HEH! UNGGOY!" I burst passionately.

You can very much guess what he did next anyway.

"Bakit ba kasi. Ano ba iniisip mo?" He probed then added in a teasing manner, "Ako no?".

My head slowly turned to his face with my mouth wide open. It's amazing how he smoothly inserted that, just after he recovered from his laughs.

"Ew! In your dreams!"

But he continued to triumph on provoking me anyway.

"Ano? I am in your dreams?" He persists.

"Argh!"  I rolles my eyes.

I was left no choice but to just vent in frustration in the end.

He chortled again, sweetly savoring my bitter defeat for a while. After, he pulled a chair from nowhere and sat beside me.

Then out of the blue, in a soft tone he mused this time, "Seriously Maymay, I am happy for you."

At first, I chuckled at the sudden turn of our conversation. But when I saw his face, the feeling of mirth immediately transformed into that of a little awkwardness.

I know in my heart that he meant every word that he said, but the sadness that briefly flickered on his eyes despite the smirking face, made it hard for me to return a comfortable, happy smile.

Lorenz might have sense my concern, for his expression quickly changed then, wiping all the traces of that suspicious sadness.

"Hey what's with that reaction? Really I am happy for you. Though a bit disappointed too to be honest. Isang katulad ko ba naman ang pinalampas mo. What a massive loss sweetheart." He playfully winked.