Chapter Eleven: The Intern

The intern walks along that not too long corridor. Her not so high shoe heels are clicking a little bit too noisily in the silence of the sorroundings. On her arms is a folder which is lilac in color. Written in front is "PBB Final Week Proposal".

A few moments later she arrived at her destination. She stopped and then faced the door on her right. There on it's front posted "Staff-Meeting Room." She knocked thrice as a warning before turning the knob and finally enters.

"Good afternoon ma'am/sir." She greeted the three people present in that room at the moment. The heads of the creative team of the Pinoy Big Brother Lucky Season 7.

"Good afternoon Ms. Violet. Bakit ngayon ka lang? Patapos na ang meeting. Where's your boss?" Mr. De Guzman muttered authoritatively.

"Good afternoon sir. Sorry I am late. My boss asked me to deliver some documents to the drama department too before this. I had to look for Ms. Beth and it took me some time sir. I am sorry." The intern explained her excuse.

"Ahm ok. I understand. Just avoid doing it again." Came in Mr. De Guzman's response. "You may have your sit Ms. Violet. And where'e your boss again?" He then added.

The intern took the sit beside Ms. Arenas and then she continue on her piece.

"Ms. Silva wouldn't be able to come today sir because she has an emergency lunch meeting with the other department heads but she told me to give this to you instead. Her final proposal for the last week of the show." The intern then handed them the folder that she's been holding all this while.

Ms. Arenas, the person nearest to her first took the folder. She immediately open and take a good look at it after.

"What's this? A new concept?" She exclaimed after a few moments of reading.

"What?" Mr. Braza then interjects upon seeing Ms. Arenas' reaction.

Ms Arenas handed him the folder and so Mr. Braza read its contents as well.

"Oo nga. New concept ito. Ibang-iba. Akala ko ba settled na tayo sa Big Inquiry. Bakit bigla Lie Detector Test na?" Mr. Braza stated incredulously after scanning.

"What is it? May I see?" Mr. De Guzman then asked for the folder too and checked it himself.

After a while everybody heared Mr. De Guzman's infamous deep annoying sigh. "This is a big problem. Major change ito and we only have a few days left to prepare. Three days to be exact."

"Yun na nga." Ms. Arenas vehemently agreed.

"But come to think of it, it is actually a very nice idea. First of all hindi repetitive. Lie Detector Test with a twist. Plus another exposure for our ex housmates." Mr. Braza voiced in another light.

"Did Ms. Silva happen to tell you any good reasons as to why she gave this right NOW only? Sure this is a very good concept but we don't have anymore time left to change evrerything Ms. Violet. Alam mo yan. We can't pursue this anymore now." Mr. De Guzman probed the intern.

"I'm sorry sir but Ms. Silva didn't say anything more. She just specifically ordered me to hand you these documents and to tell you all that this has already been approved by the director as well as the people in the upper echelon so you three just have to make it possible." The intern stated passively.

Apart from that or the intern's, all three remaining foreheads in that room creased at that statement.

"I..I mean those were  Ms. Silva's exact words ma'am, sirs. She just told me to pass them to you." The intern explained automatically, now bowing a little upon seeing the bosses' reactions.

Again the sound of Mr. De Guzman's annoying sigh filled the room. "Oh paano eh may magagawa pa ba tayo? Ito talaga si Clarisse Silva oo naku!" He muttred frustratingly then scratched his now almost bald head in irritation.

Ms. Arenas and Mr. Braza can't help but chuckle at that. While the intern is doing her best as well, biting her lips just to hold her own giggles to herself.

"Ok Ms. Violet thank you vey much for THIS. You may go now. And please congratulate your boss because she won again, and also please tell her to not to worry because we will now do our magic to materialize this epic proposal of hers." Mr. De Guzman stated with a sarcastic grin on his face.

Again the other two roared in laughter at Mr. De Guzman's words.

The intern grinned in response and then bid her farewell too. "Ok sir thank you very much. Ms. Arenas, Mr. Braza I'll go ahead."

All three of them just nodded in acknowldgement.

Finally now out of that room, the intern was able to take that glorious breathe of relief. And then she checked her wrist watch after.

It's lunch break already.

Realizing this she took her bag from her office and went outside to have some lunch at the carinderia beside that ABS-CBN building. She was already in front of the exit gate when all of a sudden, a boy probably ten of age and who is obviously selling candies approached her.

"Miss ganda bili na po kayo. Candy po masarap po ito gawa ng Mama ko." The boy offered.

"Talaga? Ano ba 'to yema?" The intern asked in reply.

"Opo. Masarap po yan gawa po ni Mama. Nagtitinda po talaga kami ng yema ng Mama ko. Ngayon nga lang po di ko siya kasama kasi may sakit." The boy said sadly.

"Eh ikaw wala ka bang pasok?" The intern then asked another question.

"Half day lang po kami ngayon kasi po may program sa school. Hindi na nga lang po ako um-attend kasi mas kailangang tumulong kay mama." The boy then explained his answer. "Pero ok lang naman po na hindi um-attend sabi ng teacher ko saka nagpaalam na naman po ako."

"Ah ganun ba o sige bigay mo na sa akin lahat yan bibilhin ko na. Magkano ba?"

"Wow talaga po?" The boy's face lit up at what he just heared.

"Oo sige. Magkano ba?"

"One hundred pesos po lahat miss ganda."

The intern took out her wallet and gave the boy a hundred peso bill. "Oh eto oh. Tapos umuwi ka na agad ah. Tutal ubos na yang paninda mo alagaan mo na lang si Mama mo."

The boy gave her all his yemas in return."Opo yun po talaga ang gagawin ko pagkatapos kong magtinda. Buti na lang po inubos nyo agad. Salamat po miss ganda."

"You're welcome. Ay teka sandali may ibibigay pa ako sa'yo."

The intern then again open her bag. Inside she took a single stem of fragrant lilac rose and handed it to the boy as well. "Oh bigay mo yan sa Mama mo ah. Sigurado pag nakita nya yan matutuwa yun. Gagaling agad yun promise."

"Wow ang ganda! Thank you po ulit miss ganda. Matutuwa si mama. Mahilig din yun ng flowers eh." The boy mused excitedly.

"Ok na sige na. Babye na. O basta aral mabuti ah para matulungan mo si Mama mo pag malaki ka na. Sigurado naman ako yayaman ka paglaki mo kasi masipag kang bata." The intern then told the boy.

"Opo naman miss ganda. Pag naging engineer na ko paglaki ko yayaman na talaga kami ni Mama. Yung gagawin nyang yema para sa amin na lang, hindi na kailangang itinda pa. Promise ko yan." The boy stated whimsically with a very positive smile. "Sige po babye na miss ganda. Salamat po ulit dito. Ingat po kayo." He added lastly and then went on his way home at last.

"Sige ikaw din ingat pauwi." The intern shouted at the boy's leaving figure.

After a while when the boy is already beyond her line of sight, the intern then looked up to the sky. A mysterious smile hovers her lips.

"Good luck to you Engineer Carlito Sajota." She muttered fatalistically to no one in particular and then went on her way as well towards that carinderia to have some lunch.