Fisherman's Son

Let's all pretend it's 1942, middle of WW2, yeah? Youre wearing this:

Yeah, okay? Woooo

You retied the emerald ribbon in your hair as you walked down the pavement beside the pier. You were looking after your 7-year old brother, Michael, as he rode his new bike up and down the cobblestone.

As you continued walking, you got lost in thought, staring at the rushing waves that crashed against the stones. Seagulls blasting in the evening sky.

"You alright, Missy?" A male voice broke your daze, causing your head to snap in their direction. A tall handsome male was crouched beside you, tugging on some fishing nets and crates to separate them. The fisherman's son.

"Oh-Erm. Yes.." you awkwardly replied. "Are you..?", stroking the random stand of hair behind your ear.

"I'm very well, thank you." He looked up at you from the ground with a warming smile causing your heart to flutter slightly.

You returned the smile but you felt kind of embarrassed and awkward, you felt like an complete idiot as you felt yourself stare at his beauty.

"I can't help but notice them gorgeous earrings you have.. diamonds are they?" His voice was so light and calming, you watched him shout across docks and piers plenty before, always watching from your window.. he was even more handsome up close.

You felt the diamonds in your ears, "Erm, yes. They're my grandmothers." You told him, twiddling them round and round.

"Stunning. Enhance your beauty even more" he winked from beneath you, your eyes widened as your cheeks turned a crimson colour.

"Y/N! Y/N! It's a crab!" Michael shouted a few metres down. He held a large crab which he must of pulled from a cage, he dangled it from his fingers, waving it out.

"Mick! Put that down now!" You cursed at him, pointing a stern finger. You turned back to Bill as he stood up, towering over you.

"I am so so sorry." You apologised.

"No, it's fine, Darling" he insisted as he placed a palm at the bottom of your back. He guided you towards Michael as you walked, his touch was so gentle.

"Sorry, sir. I wanted to see t'crab." Michael told him, peering up as if he was some sort of giant.

Bill placed his palm on Michael's head and ruffled his hair. "It's okay, son." You smiled at this, it was so adorable. Your crush was definitely growing massively.

Bill turned to you as Michael rode off on his bike once again.

"Y/N.."

"Yes?" You gave him a sweet smile, coming closer.

He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on your cheek, catching you off guard. "Come on a boat ride with me tomorrow? A date?"

You blushed at the ground, twiddling with your own fingers. "Of course."