New Partner

You and your family including your mam, Dad, brother, cousin, aunt, uncle, and great aunt we're all at the beach as the weather was unreal and sun was blazing.

You sat on a towel beside your Dad, you wore a cute beach Shaul, denim shorts and a tank top. You watched your 10 month your son, Archie, gurgle and giggle in his pram.

You pushed the buggy back and forth to entertain him, earning more laughs. You stared as the beach came more and more crowded of children, lovers and families.

Your families chat was pretty loud, gossiping and giggling at your great aunt making some stupid dosy, comment. They all cheered as your cousins close mate, Bill entered wearing a brand polo and shorts. He waved his hands like a fool, "heya Nora, looking stunning" he welcomed your Great Aunt jokingly.

You rolled your eyes as everyone welcomed Bill with cheers, kisses and hugs. Bill was also your ex-partner, father of your child.

After the commotion, Bill came to you, gave your father a warm hug due to being close to the family and then stood in front of you. You remained knelt on the beach towel, remaining stubborn.

You peered up and shielded your eyes from the sun. "Hello Bill" you gave a weak smile.

"Hey Y/N. You and Archie ok?" He asked in a quirky tone, grabbing hold of his son's soft tiny hand.

"Yeah, very well" you replied, earning your father to rub your shoulder.

"May I?" Bill asked, rising his brows. You nodded with a smile.

He unbuckled his son from the buggy and held him, the baby hung from his hip. No matter how much you hated to say, Bill was an amazing father and looked so good as a father. You just wished it worked out to be happy families.

"How's Michael?" Bill broke the silence between you two, on about your new beau. "Erm, he's all good. Going good"

"How come he isn't here tagging along?." Bill asked quite cockily, you knew there was tension between Bill and Michael.

You scoffed, "He is working Bill." You gave him a sarcastic smile, "getting money for our new home."

Bill gave you weak smile, hinting jealously as he rocked Archie side to side on his hip.

You Dad coughed to break the tension, "Bill, wanna go and get some drinks for us all with me? Could use a helping hand"

"Sure Y/D/N, always happy to help" he replied, placing Archie in your arms.

After taking orders from family, they both made their way to the café beside the beach.

Your father stood at the queue with Bill, waiting to be served.

"Y/D/N, do you mind if I ask a question?"

"Not all all, son. Fire away" your dad replied, putting hands in pockets.

"Do you like Michael? Do you like him as a son-in-law?" Bill asked curiously with a sad expression smeared across his face.

Your father looked at the floor before facing Bill, "Well, Michael. Michael, he-he isn't the best for y/n. He's a lovely lad but he's never wanting to spend time with her, us or little Archie. He needs to understand she's a mother to your son cause' when he does want to spend time with y/n, there's no Archie."

"Oh...I see" Bill dropped his head.

"I much prefer you, son. Bill, keep this between us but I believe you and Y/N still have much going. And I know, I know, it's weird coming from her old man but you two are so good together and should get past whatever happened before and try again."

Bill gave him a cheesy grin, that was music to his ears, exactly what he wanted to hear. Bill was still in love with you, you were still in love with him. It was too clear.

"Awe thank you Y/D/N. Erm.."

Your dad rubbed his shoulder, stepping to be served, "just have to figure out how to make it work"