Behind

"Bill say it then" you commanded quite sternly, stood in front of him as he sat on the edge of the bed, fingers tapping at the cigarette between them

He sighed and shook his head slightly, "say what?" He grunted, avoiding eye contact as it remainder fixated in your engagement ring you threw on the drawers.

"Tell me you love me, Bill." You ordered again, folding your sleeveless arms in anger and fear.

Bill closed his eyes, trying to escape the knot of tension that pulled viciously either ends.

Tapping an impatient foot, you awaited for his response but already knew the outcome of this confrontation. "You can't, can you?!" You hissed, bursting into a more aggressive posture.

"Y/N, listen." Bill replied in a cool, relaxed tone as he peered up to you. Looking into green orbs, there was no longer a sensitive, loving Bill - only a stubborn, emotionless man remained.

"Tell you what? Fuck this, I'm done!" You screamed once more, grabbing a few clothes off the floor and shoving them into a small suitcase you pulled from out from the oak bed.

His position resumed, a spare hand resting on his dusted knees and slumped forward into a state of carelessness. Not once did he watch you leave; was it the fact he couldn't bare to watch you go or was it the fact he had given up and did not care anymore?

Zipping up the case, you headed for the door of the haunted bedroom, "At least I can see it now." You murmured through a broken voice, tears threatening to fall.

He sighed, back to you. "I'm done." You stated in a whisper as your emotion interrupted your speech.

You gently closed the door behind you, sorrow taking over rage. Leaving Bill behind, leaving the wedding and future behind.