Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen
Ah'Taria -Ward Estate

Xara stood outside Kaelen's study door and stared down at herself nervously.  Her fingers plucked at the summer tan cotton shorts before they smoothed a wrinkle from the light pink shirt.  "Maybe I should go put on a sundress," whispered Xara as doubt ate away at her.  She wiggled her toes in the black peak-a-boo sandals before she raised a hand and knocked.

"Come in," yelled Kaelen from the other side of the closed door.

Xara took a deep breath to calm her nerves, "I have to be confident and sure." With those words she opened the door.  "C-Bass said wanted to see me," asked Xara hesitantly as she closed the door.

Kaelen looked up from his device and waved for her to come toward him.  "You seem to be acting shy," smirked Kaelen as he raised a hand to send his device away.  "After last night's performance I expected you to come into my office with more confidence."

"Oh," smiled Xara seductively as she ran a hand down her hip.  With seduction in mind she walked slowly toward his desk with a sway to her hips.   She trailed her fingers along the marble top as she walked to stand beside him. "How may I assist you," purred Xara.

Kaelen placed his hands around her waist and set her on his desk.  "Xara I’m sorry -."

Xara laughed as she reached up and touched his cheek, "For what?  It's not like it's your fault I got a fever."

"A fever," asked Kaelen as his hands gently massaged her waist.  "Who told you, you got a fever?"

"Kevin," whispered Xara as she leaned forward.  "He said you tried to wake me but I was unconscious."

"That's not what happened," sighed Kaelen.

"Okay," whispered Xara as her hands cupped his face.  "What happened then?"

"I don't know," admitted Kaelen as he dropped his head in shame.  "I woke up and there were bite marks all over your body." 

Xara nodded slowly as she thought over his words.  "It was an accident," asked Xara as she forced him to make eye contact.  "I appreciate you telling me the truth," smiled Xara as she looked into his hazel eyes that looked lost and confused.  "I don't blame you," sighed Xara as her eyes shifted to his left.

"Who do you blame," asked Kaelen sadly. "According to Sebastian I am worse than an Ah'Tarian." Kaelen let his hands fall from her waist to rest on the desk.  "My own sister thinks I'm a monster," sighed Kaelen.

"So," responded Xara as she started to stroke his hair.  "I think you are very strong."

"You're just saying that," mumbled Kaelen as laid his head on her lap.

Xara smiled, "You are not a monster.  You are trying to live with who you are now.  Stop trying to please Kayla," laughed Xara.  "Believe it or not she'll love you if you decided to destroy a galaxy and enslave its occupants."

Kaelen chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her waist.  "She'd be very disappointed in me," came Kaelen's muffled reply.

Xara let her fingers play in his hair as his breath warmed her legs.  "Yes she'll be disappointed and angry but she'll still love you."

Kaelen looked up and shook his head.  "I believe you are overestimating my sister."

"No," laughed Xara as she moved her hand down his neck, "I am right.  You should stop trying to hide yourself from Kayla and show her you are still the brother she knows and loves just a little bit more wicked than she realized."

"Wicked," chuckled Kaelen.  "I'm pretty sure being with Sebastian has rotted your moral compass."

Xara shrugged as she placed his hands back on her waist and held them there, "I never really thought about that.  Do you think so?"