Chapter Thirty - A Day With Marius

Happy birthday to mysteriousmagma!!

Louis sends his love to you!!

❝ Happy birthday Ma Cherie. I hope your day is special and brings you all the happiness you desire.❞ - Louis

Rose's POV

After my talk with Louis ended that night, I began to feel much better. He always manages to calm me down, I don't know how he does it. But nevertheless, he succeeds every time. And he knows it. But most importantly, I think he knows I still have feelings for him. Feelings that never went away.

I could see it in his eyes, he knew. But he also knows that my feelings for Lestat haven't changed either, and that's what worries him. He thinks that Lestat isn't capable of giving me the happiness I deserve. 

He feels that Lestat is too reckless and isn't right for me. He fears that Lestat will do more harm than good. I just brush it off most of the time. Although it's hard to sometimes, because Louis brings up this issue quite often now. He brought it up several times throughout the night before he eventually let me fall asleep. 

I managed to fall asleep easier after my talks with Louis

I managed to fall asleep easier after my talks with Louis. However falling asleep wasn't the issue, it was staying asleep that was the tricky part. Every time I managed to fall asleep, I never stayed asleep very long.

Every dream I ended up having would eventually turn into a nightmare. I would start off having a normal dream at first, but then just like that, things would turn dark and it would become a nightmare. I would often wake up several times in the night screaming.

After this happened about seven times, I realized that I wasn't going to be getting decent sleep any time soon. The eighth time I woke up was the worst one yet. I was screaming so loud it was almost inhuman. 

But that wasn't even the worst part of it all. The worst part was seeing how drained and worn out Louis was. I hated keeping him up like this. I felt bad, because I could see how tired he was. Every time I would wake up, he would be across the room half out of it.