Chapter Ten - Father's Choice

Rose's POV

I woke up screaming in the middle of the night, it was another nightmare. I've been having them for days now. Lestat must have heard me screaming because he practically broke the door down as he rushed to my side. He wrapped his arms around me and brushed the hair from my face as he planted kisses on my forehead. 

"Another nightmare?" He asked.

"Yes, it keeps happening Lestat. It's the same one over and over again," I said as tears began to fall down down my face. I haven't told Lestat about the nightmares yet, he just knows I keep on having them. I'm afraid to tell him....mainly because it's somewhat about him. He began to kiss my tears away as the thoughts of the nightmare began to flood my mind again. Lestat saw the fear began to appear in my eyes again, causing him to lift my chin up.

"Are you finally going to tell me what these nightmares of yours are about, or do I have to read your thoughts?"  

I sighed, I really didn't want to tell him. Just thinking about them was terrible, but to have to tell Lestat about it was almost unbearable. But Lestat gave me that stare of his which made me realize how serious he was. When I finally was about to say something, Louis had also made his way into the room.

"I heard screaming...is something wrong?" Louis looked down on me with a worried expression. But when my eyes met his he began to smile. I smiled back warmly in return.

"No Louis...it was just a nightmare. You can go now." Lestat said still staring at me as he brushed the hair from my face. 

"Perhaps it's best I stay...maybe I could help." Louis said.

"No! Leave! Now!" Lestat growled at him. Without another word Louis began to leave the room. He glanced once more in my direction before shutting the door behind him. 

"You shouldn't be so harsh with him, he was only trying to help." I said quietly, trying not to upset Lestat further. 

"Maybe...but he has other reasons as well. I don't have to read his thoughts to know that." Lestat said. 

"What do you mean?" I asked a little confused.

"Reasons like to get closer to you." He said under his breath, almost as if the mere thought of it repulsed him. He really was afraid to lose me. 

"Oh..."

"What was the nightmare about Rose?" 

"My father. He came back for me and...he--- he---" Tears started to form in my eyes, I couldn't manage to get the words to come out. It was just too painful for me to say them. Lestat wiped  the tears from my face.

"Go on Rose, what did he do."

"He killed you....and me out of anger." I started crying and sobbing. Losing Lestat...it was unthinkable. I can't lose him. Lestat instantly pulled me on his lap and wrapped his arms around me while brushing my hair with his hand. 

"Shh...Ma Chérie. It's okay...I'm right here. You aren't going to lose me, I promise."

"How do you know that?"

"Because I'm The Brat Prince Rose, I'm immortal. Nothing can harm me."

"Just because you're immortal doesn't mean you can't die Lestat." I said weeping against his chest..listening to him breathe."

"Maybe so...but I've made it this far haven't I?" 

"I guess..."

"You know me Rose...I'll be just fine...I promise."