Chapter Nineteen - Lost And Broken

Marius's POV

Ever since I confessed my feelings to Rose on the balcony, it feels like a great burden has been lifted off my shoulders. I know that I cannot have her, but I feel better knowing that she understands how I feel. She's a sweet girl, but she's not meant to be mine. Maybe in a another life things would be different. But for now, if I cannot be her lover, than I will be whatever she needs me to be. Because in the end, I still care about her.

And because I care for her, I will always look out for her. Even if Lestat doesn't one hundred percent trust me to be around her. I think he knows something is up, but he can't one hundred percent figure it out. Or maybe part of him already knows I feel something for Rose and he's just in denial. He already had to compete with Louis for Rose's affections, and it caused them to be at each other's throats. I think if he ever fully came to terms with my feelings for Rose, it would break him.

But by now he probably knows that Rose doesn't share the same feelings for me as I do her. And because of that I think he will lay off of me and leave well enough alone. There would be no point in it really----to start a fight with me. And Lestat knows this. That's why he's taken the liberty of traveling to France with Rose. He's retreating. He doesn't want to fight anymore. Rose was his. He made that clear to everyone. Especially Louis.

Speaking of Louis, I went to go find him after I had that talk with Rose on the balcony. I had retraced my steps back to the mansion. But unfortunately Louis was nowhere to be found. He had vanished. I feared the worst and wondered if he went to find Rose. But that was not the case. I took me awhile to find him --- but I did. He was in New Orleans. Back at his mansion where he took Rose when she first became a vampire.

He was in the living room when I made my way into his house, listening to that classical music of his. I began to watch him curiously out of the corner of my eye. He looked like he had been listening to this music of his for quite some time. He had a sad look in his eyes as stood in the corner of the room silently, staring out the window.

It was almost as if he was waiting for something....maybe he was waiting for Rose. I began to scan his thoughts, trying to find some sort of answer. I think part of him hopes that Rose would eventually forgive him and find her way back into his arms. Of course he knew it was foolish to think this way. He knew deep down Rose was upset with him. But I think he was even more upset with himself. I started to walk further into the room causing him to look in my direction.

 I started to walk further into the room causing him to look in my direction

As soon as he saw me he began to glare at me fiercely with dark eyes. My body immediately began to stiffen because I could sense his anger starting to form as he continued to shoot daggers at me with his eyes. I bowed my head at him respectively trying to ease the tension that was already starting to form in the room. Unfortunately, Louis was still angry at me and scoffed at me before turning his head back to the window.

"Go away Marius." He said to me sternly.

" He said to me sternly