Chapter Fourteen - Forgive Me

Lestat POV

I brought Rose back to a mansion that I had owned in California. I made sure that her room was supplied with a proper coffin so that it was comfortable enough for her. I also made sure that her room was packed with books so that she could read. I even put in a wardrobe that was full of those lace dresses she liked to wear.

Unfortunately Rose hasn't spoken to me since I took her back. She's been quite angry with me lately. Whenever I try to touch her, or kiss her she flinches and walks away from me. She mainly stays held up in her room. When she occasionally comes out she doesn't even look at me. Whenever I try to go into her room, the minute I step inside she throws books at me and tells me to get out. 

I've given her the space she needed this past few weeks. But I can't take it anymore. I crave her so badly. I yearned for her touch. I wanted to make love to her over and over again and remind her how much adored her. I was going to get her back, one way or another. Even if I had to piss her off first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rose's POV

Lestat has been driving me crazy! He won't leave me alone! Every time he runs into me or comes into my room he gives me that stare of his, it's almost like he's waiting for the right moment to push me up against the wall and jump my bones. He needs to understand I need my space right now. I don't know how many times I have to throw books at him so he can understands that.  Not to mention that I haven't been feeding. I don't know how much longer I can hold out before I start to get dizzy and pass out. Lestat doesn't know though. I can't tell him, he'll make me feed on a human. I don't want that, not yet. Plus I'm still mad at him.

I was reading in my room when I heard a knock on the door. I ignored it because I knew who it was. I was hoping he would just go away but then he knocked again. I then put my book down in frustration.

"Go away Lestat!" 

Lestat then tried to open the door, but I locked it. So he used his vampire strength to bust it open. I glared at him as he made his way inside. 

"GET OUT!!" I yelled throwing a book at his face. He caught it in his hands and growled before throwing it to the floor.

"No. I'm done giving you your space."

"Fine! Then I'll leave!" 

I then got up off the bed and pushed Lestat across the room, causing him to fall backwards against the bookcase. He groaned in pain as he fell to the floor. Before he could get up I rushed out of the room. When I got halfway down the hall when Lestat rushed in front of me blocking my path.  

"What, no kiss?" He asked, giving me one of his devilish grins.

I then slapped him across the face practically knocking the wind out of him. 

"Fuck you Lestat!" 

"Ouch. That hurt love," he said still grinning at me.

"God! You really are the brat prince." 

"In the flesh Ma Chérie " 

I groaned and went into the living room. Lestat followed me and latched onto my hand, pulling me towards him. My breath hitched as I collided into his chest. He then tilted my chin up so my eyes met his. For once I let my face soften. Lestat saw the vulnerability in my face and started to lean in for a kiss. But before he could kiss me reality hit me again and I pulled out of his grasp. 

"Leave me alone!" I screamed, walking away from him.

"Never!" He screamed back, standing his ground.