Chapter Twenty One - Play For Me

Lestat's POV

After Rose and I had gotten off the train, her face immediately began to light up. She was practically jumping up and down with joy. As we made our way into the city she began to smile brightly, making sure to take in every detail. 

She made sure to look at every building we passed, and then occasionally she would glance at the people that walked in and out of them. 

The streets weren't that busy because it was very late. I told Rose that tomorrow is when we would be able to explore to her heart's content. Not only because there would be more people out, but also because I had some things planned for us.

She smiled at me warmly as I pulled her close to me and wrapped an arm around her. She then nuzzled against my chest as we continued to walk down the streets. I could tell she felt safe --- and happy in my arms. The way she smiled at me revealed everything. 

"So where are we staying at while we are here?" She asked me sweetly with a warm smile on her face.

"We are staying at a place of mine that I own here. I think you'll like it." I responded, holding onto her tightly. 

"I'm sure I will." She said to me brightly, giggling slightly.

"I do enjoy it when you laugh Ma Cherie." I said to her with a grin on my face.

"I can't help it --- I'm happy." She responded warmly to me.

"Good." I said to her boldly.

As we made our way further down the street, I saw that we were passing some rose bushes. So I released my grip on Rose and walked over to them. I brushed my hand it slowly. Rose looked at me curiously as I picked one rose from the bush and brushed my fingers along its soft petals. 

I then brought it close to my nose and sniffed it

I then brought it close to my nose and sniffed it. When I was convinced that this was the right one, I walked back over to Rose and handed her the flower. She smiled at me and took it from my hand slowly. I then saw her blush slightly as I planted a soft kiss on her cheek.

 I then saw her blush slightly as I planted a soft kiss on her cheek

As we made our way out of the main part of the city, a man with a painting approached us. Rose smiled at him brightly as he began to greet us.