Chapter Twenty Three - The Ball

Rose's POV 

The hours flew by faster than light itself. It was now just an hour or two before the ball started and I still had to get ready. I hadn't even done my hair yet. I was starting to get very nervous. I had never been to a ball before. 

And now that I think about it, I haven't really done that type of dancing either in front of a crowd. I started to blush red just thinking about it. Hopefully Lestat will be there to guide me so I don't end up falling on my face. 

I was supposed to be getting ready and do something with my hair. But I had found more of Louis's journals tucked away in one of the book cases and I couldn't help but read them. It was obvious that these journals were like some sort of therapy for him. A way to release his pain and pour out his soul.

 A way to release his pain and pour out his soul

If these journals were correct, it seemed that Louis has always been I bit of a broken soul

If these journals were correct, it seemed that Louis has always been I bit of a broken soul. Even before he was turned. The way he longed for death so much brought tears to my eyes. He was so broken inside, and after he lost Claudia ---- it just got worse.

I was about to turn another page when I felt two arms wrap around me. I knew right away it was Lestat. I felt goosebumps appear on my skin as Lestat immediately began to plant my neck. I tried to pull out of his grasps so I could continue reading. 

But my resistance just caused Lestat to pull me close to him even further. He then presumed to kiss my neck even harder, moving my hair out of the way as he slowly glided his fangs along it. I had to bit down on my lip hard to prevent a moan from escaping my lips.

"Lestat....stop." I groaned, trying to push him off me once more.

"Never." He responded to me boldly. 

"Lestat --- I mean it. I'm trying to read." I said pulling out of his grasp finally.

I began to feel victorious because I didn't feel Lestat's breath on my neck anymore. And I didn't feel him try to wrap his arms around me again. For a minute I thought he had left the room. I was about to start reading again when Louis's journal was literally plucked from my hands.