Chapter Twenty Two - The Dress

Rose's POV

When I woke up the next night, I started to get very excited. I couldn't wait to find out what Lestat had planned for the day. I knew how badly he wanted to make me happy. But I can definitely say that as long as I have him, I am happy. 

And to be honest ---- he deserves this as much as I do --- if not more. He's been alone for so long. I could tell it was breaking him. I know now more than ever that he will do everything in his power to keep me. 

 I turned my head to the side and saw that Lestat was still sleeping soundly next to me. I tried to move a bit when I noticed that he had I tight grip around my waist --- keeping me close to him at all times. He was so protective of me --- and I loved him for it. 

I went to move his hand from my waist so I could get up and get ready for the day ahead of me. I removed his hand slowly and carefully so I didn't wake him. A soft groan escaped him as I kissed him on the lips softly before opening the lid to the coffin.

I then tip toed out of the coffin and rushed into the bathroom to take a shower. The warm water felt nice against my skin. Slowly but surely I began to feel more awake. When I got out of the shower I went over to the cupboard and pulled out a towel. 

I then wrapped it around me tightly and went back into the bedroom where the dresser was. After taking a few minutes to decided what to wear, I pulled out a nice baby blue sweater and a pair of black jeans. 

Then I went back over to the bathroom to finish drying myself off. I made sure I got my hair as dry as possible so it wouldn't drip water on my sweater. When I was convinced I was dry enough, I let my towel fall to the floor and I got dressed. I then went over to the mirror and was about to start messing with my hair when I saw that I had left a puddle of water on the floor from when I got out of the shower. 

So I pulled another towel out of the cupboard and cleaned up the floor. Then I put both towels in the hamper before moving back over to the sink to fix my hair. I picked up a long comb and parted my hair to the left. 

I then took a blow-dryer and used it to dry my hair further. I ran it through my hair several times until the curls started popping up. My hair was almost completely dried off now. After I put the blow-dryer back, I ran a brush through my hair a couple times to get the tangles out. 

When I was finally done, I looked at my self in the mirror to make sure I at least looked somewhat semi-presentable. I then made sure the bathroom was all tidied up before walking back into the bedroom.

As I made my way into the room, I saw that Lestat was still asleep. He looked so peaceful, and his body didn't stir once. I began to smile as I made my way over to the coffin slowly. Even when he was asleep he looked happy.